Principal Bioinformatics Scientist - Remote
- Expired: September 12, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Staff Bioinformatics Scientist
Cepheid Location Sunnyvale, California, United States of America
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable, groundbreaking solutions to solve the world’s most complex health challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development.
Cepheid is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies. Together, we’re working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges, driven by knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.
Learn about the Danaher Business System which makes everything possible.
The Staff Bioinformatics Scientist will help drive bioinformatics projects related to the design of highly multiplexed molecular diagnostics through all stages of planning, design, computational verification and empirical validation in collaboration with experimental scientists and other team members. Primary responsibilities include identification of unique nucleic acid sequences and signatures in various organisms and creation of novel, automated methods for design of primers and probes in complex assays. This role involves extensive collaboration with Bioinformatics Engineers, Bioinformaticians, Molecular Biologists, and others in driving all stages of assay development from planning to commercialization.
This position is part of the Biochip Unit and will be located in Sunnyvale, California.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Rapidly prototype novel, innovative algorithms for the design of multiplexed PCR primers and probes compatible with Cepheid’s instrumentation and experimental methods in response to both long-term and emerging company needs.
- Assist Bioinformatics Engineers in the development of a robust computational pipeline for automated and semi-automated assay design.
- Assist in the development of rigorous methodologies for analyzing PCR primer performance data, perform analyses, and communicate results to experimental scientists and others in the company.
- Think creatively in a collaborative environment about novel, innovative solutions for difficult assay design problems.
- Analyze data and debug results in order to identify avenues for future development and improvement.
The essential requirements of the job include:
- Master’s or doctoral degree in bioinformatics or a related field with 10+ years of related work experience
- Proficient and hands-on in Python in a Linux environment, preferably including experience implementing and maintaining bioinformatics pipelines.
- Proactive self-starter with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Able to conduct and plan independent projects with minimal supervision.
- Fundamental understanding of PCR, or ability to learn.
It would be a plus if you also possess previous experience in:
- PCR primer and probe design.
- Design and/or analysis of molecular diagnostics assays.
Cepheid, a Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether it’s a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com.
At Cepheid we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, remote working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home. Additional information about this remote work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Cepheid can provide.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
ScienceView all jobs at Cepheid
Get fresh Principal Bioinformatics Scientist - Remote jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.