Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant for its envelope manufacturing facility in Chicago, IL.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or other related field; 3-5 years of Accounting / Finance experience (manufacturing experience is preferred); possess excellent written and verbal communications skills; and a strong business acumen.
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Cenveo encompasses more than two dozen entities in over 100 facilities across the U.S., as well as manufacturing operations in Asia, South America and Central America.
Cenveo provides competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a Health, Dental and Vision insurance and Paid Time Off. In addition, we provide 401k, as well as disability insurance, life insurance, as well as other benefit plans.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze and own financial information and related projects. Prepare accurate and timely journal entries and schedules and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures are in place or communicated.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes.
• Compile and analyze financial information to support preparation of monthly, quarterly financial analysis.
• Collect and analyze financial information to recommend or provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
• Collaborate with operations, management and sales teams .
on business strategies.
• Support plant analysis of actuals, variances to budget, forecast, & prior year.
• Review financial & operational controls to limit material misstatements in financial statements.
• Establish controls around inventory management.
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
• Make certain all financial reporting deadlines are met
• Prepare financial management reports as assigned, on time, in a complete and final fashion.
• Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
• Support operational & sales strategies including capital investments, financial commitments and ROI analysis.
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Included functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a "Reasonable Accommodation" under the ADA.
• Other duties and assignments as required.
• Bachelors or Master's degree required in accounting.
• Minimum of 3-5 years accounting or finance experience.
• Some exposure to manufacturing operations is preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Prior JD Edwards (Oracle software) experience preferred.
• Previous public accounting or mid to large company experience a plus
• Ability to analyze and communicate financial information to various levels of the organization.
• Project Management experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategies, propose solutions, and serve as a business partner across multiple divisions as needed.
• Ability to prioritize, manage time, and handle daily interruptions.
• Ability to generate ideas to resolve issues.
• Ability to “tell the story” behind the numbers to various audiences (internal/external)
• Ability to communicate complex ideas directly over the phone or in person versus email format.
• Demonstrated ability to understand verbal and non-verbal etiquette and professionalism in departmental meetings.
• Other duties and assignments as required.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
• Exposure to manufacturing environment with one or more unpleasant or hazardous conditions including but not limited to exposure to dust, dirt, high noise levels, chemicals, etc.
• Incumbent regularly required to hear, speak, be articulate, and sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Incumbent occasionally required to stand, walk, lift up to 25 lbs, grasp, reach, carry and use manual dexterity.
• Incumbent may occasionally be required to travel.
Cenveo is an EEO Employer