Cenveo Mount Pleasant, PA
- Expired: May 30, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking a Machinist for its Mt. Pleasant, PA facility.
The ideal candidate will have a High School diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years prior mechanical or Machinist experience.
Cenveo offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Performs machine repairs and manufactures required machine parts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Performs preventative maintenance; makes repairs to all manufacturing equipment on a scheduled or emergency basis.
* Calculates machine dimensions and tolerances using mechanical knowledge.
* Monitors the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
* Sets up, adjusts, and operates machine tools.
* Uses maintenance shop tools and methods including drilling, shaping, cutting, welding, brazing, grinding and sawing to complete work assignments.
* Designs and fabricates machine parts using the milling machine and lathe.
* Measures, examines, and tests completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
* Determines control settings to regulate machining, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
* Maintains industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, machining procedures.
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a "Reasonable Accommodation" under the ADA.
* Complies with safety rules and regulations (wear proper safety attire; steel toed shoes or coverings, hearing protection, safety glasses, shields and gloves as needed), is not involved in horseplay, is cautious when near equipment and machines, always make sure safety guards and contactors are in place and operational. Maintains housekeeping in work area (sweeps, removes waste, etc).
* Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
* Reqularly required to stand, walk and sit.
* Regularly required to reach, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend and stoop.
* Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Exposure to high production/output machinery and equipment, hazardous materials (inks, solvents, glue, etc -- all materials an employee may come in contact with are detailed with readily available MSDS sheets), and constant noise.
* Must be able to work in hot or cold weather.
Cenveo is an EEO Employer.
* Minimum educational requirement is a High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of 2 years prior mechanical or machinist experience.
* Preferred 3 to 5 years prior mechanical experience.
* Basic written and verbal communications skills.
* Experience and knowledge of machines and tools.
* Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
* Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
* Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
*Performs routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.