Design Engineer (Contractor Position) - Manufacturing
Cenveo Chicopee, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking an experienced Design Engineer for its Chicopee, MA envelope manufacturing facility.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years design experience on Electro Mechanical assemblies that consist of 30 designed or modeled parts or more. In addition, the candidate must be familiar with ASME Y14 drawing standards and possess sound experience with fits and tolerancing machined and sheet metal parts. Exceptional 3D CAD skills are required, specifically Inventor or Solidworks.
If invited on-site for an interview, the candidate is required to bring a portfolio – no exceptions. The ideal portfolio will have drawings, photos, calculations, and cost sheets. At minimum, copies of drawings will be sufficient.
The Design Engineer will design/build packaging machines and make improvements to other manufacturing equipment in compliance with project expectations and deadlines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Designs/Builds packaging machines using computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Ensure that project deliverables conform to project scope, criteria, and specifications.
- Performs analysis to develop design options or recommendations that meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Designs/Builds printing and labeling improvements
- Designs/Builds envelope folding machine improvements
- Designs/Builds any cost effective machine or machine improvements that gives the Company a competitive advantage
- Interacts with other departments as needed.
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
- Associate Degree in an Engineering, Technical, or Scientific discipline and relevant work experience (Bachelor’s Degree is preferred).
- Minimum: 3 years of design experience on Electro Mechanical assemblies that consist of 30 or more moving parts
- 3D modeling proficiency is a must with Inventor /Solid Works preferred
- Knowledge of Electro-mechanical assembly and working practices as well as component manufacturing methods
- Solid ability/ experience with fits and tolerancing machined and sheet metal parts.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong initiative to problem solve, make decisions, handle additional tasks without being instructed
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations for improvements in the department
- Ability to work and meet deadlines
- Ability to change tasks and direction quickly depending on business needs
- Effectively communicate drawing and design details
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace
- Project Management
- Must be able to work independently
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- Mental alertness to operate equipment
- Exposure to noise; must wear hearing protection in the production areas.
- This position requires the incumbent to constantly use color vision, hear, prolonged sitting and manual dexterity using hand / finger coordination.
- This position requires the incumbent to regularly stand, walk, grasp, reach, speak and articulate.
· This position requires the incumbent to occasionally carry and lift or move objects
Cenveo is an EEO Employer
CenveoWhy Work Here?
Excellent benefits, teamwork, safety record, employee engagement
Cenveo is a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings. We’re a $1.3-billion company with a long history of delivering top value for our customers. Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, our company encompasses 30 facilities across the U.S., as well as manufacturing operations in Asia, South America and Central America.
318 Griffith RdChicopee, MA