Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings, we are seeking an experienced 3rd shift Production Supervisor with print/envelope knowledge for its Chicago, IL envelope manufacturing facility.
A Bachelor’s degree is required with an emphasis on Manufacturing, Industrial Management, or similar preferred. We will consider experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of leadership experience in a production environment.
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Cenveo encompasses more than two dozen entities in over 100 facilities across the U.S., as well as manufacturing operations in Asia, South America and Central America.
Cenveo provides competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a Health, Dental and Vision insurance and Paid Time Off. In addition, we provide 401k, as well as disability insurance, life insurance, as well as other benefit plans.
Leads the staff of production employees to ensure a constant flow of production. Personnel involved include operators, quality control, highly skilled technicians and other production/warehouse Workers. The position will include some Saturdays especially during busy season and other over-time as production needs dictate. This is an exempt level position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Safety – Ensure safety during shift including compliance with plant safety policies. Accompany injured employees for treatment. Assist with accident investigations, implementation of corrective actions and developing safe operating procedures.
- Employee Relations –Employee coaching and development through Performance evaluations. Develop employees to performance standards. Administer corrective actions. Identify and develop future leaders in manufacturing. Assisting with hiring activities to include interviewing, resume and application review. Assist Plant Manager and other Lead Supervisors to coordinate and/or conduct training or on-boarding for new employees and existing employees as needed.
- Payroll - Monitor and update the timekeeping system (Kronos).
- Production – Execute and effectively communicate the production plan. Understand staffing, equipment, and facility needs based on projected workload requirements. Monitor personnel to ensure the following: Start up and shut down operations are performed safety, monitor production to ensure optimum performance, ensure that quality control inspections and reporting is done each hour.
- Lean Leadership - Provide leadership in the continuous improvement process utilizing lean manufacturing concepts. Work with the plant manager and other Lead Supervisors to improve procedures and processes and to reduce scrap and rework. Encourage employees to participate in the continuous improvement process.
- High Performance Workplace - Foster teamwork through effective communication regarding the relationship between quality workmanship, customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Quality – Monitor defect rates, report on quality issues, ensure standard work and work instructions are being followed.
- Schedule - Flexibility is required to provide coverage on various shifts during the week and Saturdays as needed.
- Represent the company positively and effectively in all situations.
- Strong ability to perform in a high volume environment work with speed and accuracy
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
- Five to eight years of experience in a supervisory/ leadership role in a production environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. Will consider experience in leiu of Bachelor’s degree. Emphasis on Manufacturing, Industrial Management, or similar preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability required. Supervision in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to problem solve independently and implement solutions.
- Flexibility to work various schedules based on the needs of the business.
- Effectively exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Preferred familiarization with utilizing color vision for print/inspection purposes.
- Flexo Graphic Printing experience is a plus.
- Strong safety and quality background.
- Solid communication skills including written, verbal, presentation, and active listening skills.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- This position requires the incumbent to experience frequent periods of sitting, standing, walking, bend, stoop, kneel and twist.
- The position requires the incumbent to occasionally lift, push, pull and carry minimal weights if needed with or without assistance.
- This position requires the incumbent to grasp objects utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination and the utilization of color vision.
- Exposure to noise; must wear hearing protection and safety shoes.
Cenveo is an EEO employer