Machine Adjuster/Entry Level Machine Adjuster (mechanical skills)
Cenveo Manufacturing Cleveland, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $21 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Cenveo, a world leader in the management and distribution of print and related offerings is seeking skilled Machine Adjusters and Entry Level Machine Adjusters for its envelope manufacturing facility in Cleveland, OH for 12 hour night shift (6pm - 6:10am).
- The schedule is 3 days one week / 4 days the next week. **Training takes place on day shift 6am – 6:10pm
- Pay Range: $15.03 - $21.34/hour based on skills/experience
- Shift premium $1/hr
- Overtime will be required during busy season/based on business needs.
The ideal candidate will have a High School diploma with a minimum of 18+ months of relevant mechanical work experience in a production environment and the ability to perform in a high volume environment work with speed and accuracy.
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Cenveo encompasses more than two dozen entities in over 100 facilities across the U.S., as well as manufacturing operations in Asia, South America and Central America.
Cenveo provides competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a Health, Dental and Vision insurance and Paid Time Off. In addition, we provide 401K, as well as disability insurance, life insurance, as well as other benefit plans.
For the entry level candidate, this is a developmental role that requires the individual to be successfully progressing to a Machine Adjuster position. The individual’s performance will be evaluated to determine progress in and suitability for the role.
Maintaining and adjusting automatic envelope machines from die-cut blanks or rolls of paper. Installs gears, plunger, rollers, or other machine parts to accommodate specified size envelopes. Turns set screws to adjust feeding, folding, gumming, sealing and glassine applying mechanisms according to size of envelopes made.
Operates machine for trial run and measures dimensions of first piece to ensure conformance to specifications. Observes operation of machines and examines machine parts visually to detect worn or outdated parts. Disassembles machine to replace broken or worn parts, using hand or power tools.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Sets up and adjusts various types of converting equipment for safe and efficient operation in the production process. This includes the start-up, operation, adjustment to proper parameters involving close tolerances, maintenance, troubleshooting, and cleaning of the equipment.
- Reviews job tickets to determine tools, parts and materials necessary for machine changes and/or adjustments
- Performs machine adjustments both standard and specials to meet job specifications.
- Troubleshoots problems, repairs/replaces damaged worn components of machine.
- Assists in performing changes, adjustments and repairs on production machines.
- Assists in adjuster/operator training.
- Examines, tests, and measures product from assigned equipment.
- Examines product for defects, ensures quality process is followed.
- Analyzes mechanical issues on assigned equipment and takes corrective action accordingly.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and ensures consistent quality production.
- Minimizes waste by ensuring all waste is segregated properly, weighed, recorded and placed in the proper waste container.
- Change window rolls (overhead)
- Flexibility with machine assignment.
- Provides coverage for machine operator if needed.
- Ensures support materials are available to maximize efficiency.
- Notifies Supervisor of recurring equipment problems and corrective action taken.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- Compliance with company policy including safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains clean machine and work area (sweeps, removes waste, etc).
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
- May provide coverage for packer based on business needs.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
Job Requirements (advanced level)
- Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum: Two years previous envelope adjuster or senior level operator experience
- Preferred: Four years previous envelope adjuster or senior level operator experience
- Basic written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent mechanical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Basic math skills and the ability to accurately read a ruler.
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal direction.
- Ability to change tasks and direction quickly depending on business needs
- Basic computer skills
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace
Job Requirements (entry level)
- High School education or equivalent
- 1-2 years demonstrated mechanical/troubleshooting experience required
- Previous assembly/production experience required
- Printing experience preferred but not required
- Basic math skills including the ability to use/read a ruler
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Professional work attitude/conduct
- Proven track record with safety and quality.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- Requires regularly standing, walking, carrying, climbing, and reaching.
- Frequently required to reach, bend and stoop.
- Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 55 pounds with assistance.
- Manufacturing environment. Exposure to high production/output machinery and equipment, hazardous materials (inks, solvents, glue, etc – all materials an employee may come in contact with are detailed with readily available MSDS sheets), and constant noise.
- Must be able to work in hot or cold weather.
- Ability to keep up with a high-speed delivery output in a standing position for a full shift.
- Mental alertness to stop equipment when jam occurs.
- Exposure to noise; must wear hearing protection and safety shoes.
Cenveo is an EEO Employer
Are you looking for a challenging career that enables you to focus your creative energy? If so, then you may want to check out Cenveo. Cenveo continues to lead the Printing industry with the most dynamic, innovative, solutions-oriented professionals in the entire industry. If working for a leader in the fast-paced, constantly evolving printing industry sounds exciting, consider building your career at Cenveo.
4500 Tiedeman RdCleveland, OH