CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
CenturyLink is looking for an experienced marketer to grow adoption of Fiber Internet service among residential consumers (both single family and multi-dwelling) and support business decisions for future deployments. The Senior Lead Marketing Manager will be expected to create best-in-class marketing plans and see them through to execution. The successful Senior Lead Marketing Manager will share and deliver against high expectations for measurement of marketing activities, defining success metrics, methods of measurement and reporting processes for their programs. The role of the Sr. Manager of Marketing for Pre-sales starts at the initial contact phase (pre-launch awareness), continues through lead generation and prospect cultivation, and generally ends once the customer has been acquired. In some cases, the Sr. Manager will also provide some initial or post-sale transitional support. The candidate will identify, test, execute and optimize breakthrough Pre-sales marketing campaigns - including messages and experiences that reach the target audience and ultimately drive preference and purchase - and report key campaign KPIs.
- GTM planning and achievement of early penetration gain targets in new Fiber build markets (both brownfield and greenfield).
- Development of programs to capture Fiber interest and help identify and prioritize attractive potential new investment areas
- Evolution of pre-sales processes to enable transition from reservations to pre-sales, from agent-assisted channels to digital channels, and from primarily single family to both single family and multi dwelling units
- Campaign development and creation of marketing materials, with an eye for critical digital and social media components/channel development.
- Working effectively across the organization including product management, network/operations, field/consumer marketing, consumer channels (including digital), business intelligence, legal, marcom and pricing to achieve goals
- Management of a small team of 1-3 direct reports
- The desired candidate understands customer needs (voice of the customer), and delivers innovative programs, processes and materials that:
- explain or help sell CenturyLink Fiber and the benefits of pre-sales to the customer,
- support the capture of reservations/pre-sale orders, and
- close the sale post launch, accelerating penetration gains in CenturyLink's investment areas.
- 57 years of recent experience in product management, product marketing or operational support for residential broadband products
- Innovative and strategic thinker who has a strong customer and quality focus
- Thorough understanding of GPON broadband technology and basic understanding of network build and customer provisioning processes
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong leader with the ability to create actionable business plans and deliver results cross functionally with technical and business partners at all levels in a highly matrixed environment
- Sound ability to lead effective process development and improvement
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills, including forecasting and advanced Excel techniques, with the ability to use meaningful data and metrics to support assumptions and evaluated outcomes
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, applied engineering or a related field.
Alternate Location: US-Kansas-New Century; US-Virginia-Ashburn
Requisition # : 216370
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.