CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com/ is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
The Senior Account Manager - Out of Region (OOR) Sales is responsible for securing a targeted number of Customer Living Units (CLUs) and Projected Monthly Recurring Revenue (PMRR) under contract, specifically in non-ILEC markets, reporting to the Sales Manager - OOR. The Senior Account Manager - OOR, is responsible for a defined geographic territory to build CenturyLink's market position within Multiple Dwelling Units (MDUs), including rental apartments, student housing, senior housing and other defined verticals. This position is responsible for strategic selling to new customers, both in the greenfield (GF) and brownfield (BF) spaces.
- Works closely with planning and engineering workgroups to coordinate design and implementation of new developments
- Build a comprehensive sales strategy with Sales Manager to grow CenturyLink's market share within Multiple Dwelling Units and actively maintain sales funnel using a variety of tools, including Salesforce.com
- Identify and target new construction for MDU developments and coordinate cross functionally to provide a competitive CenturyLink solution. Internal cross functional coordination is key to ensure customer needs are met and internal capabilities align
- Actively work to build and maintain strong relationships with builders, developers, property owners, property managers, homeowner associations, consultants and any party that can positively impact CenturyLink's ability to grow its business
- Provide end to end customer experiences to differentiate CenturyLink in the market. Including rapid response times for new opportunities and active troubleshooting on customer opportunities and challenges to meet customer needs
- Ensure contracts are executed and implemented properly, including the placement of CenturyLink marketing materials and acquisition programs. Actively participate in on property events and programs to build and maintain market share of high speed internet, voice and related services
- Work with builders, developers, property owners, property managers, homeowner associations, and others to execute press releases and other localized advertising programs as required
- Be active in the community supporting the building of a positive CenturyLink brand and enabling the advancement of CenturyLink's market growth
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and work experience.
- 6+ years related experience
- Account management experience.
- Able to demonstrate prior experience developing quality leads, including cold calling, active participation in trade associations, etc.
- Proven track record of successful professional sales experience.
- Working knowledge of building/construction industry and related terminology.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge and experience with contracts and contract negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and remain motivated.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to include product demonstrations, and executive selling skills.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record (MVR)
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft office suite of services (email, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc...)
- Able to travel locally extensively, 60%+ of the time
Alternate Location: US-Arizona-Phoenix; US-Colorado-Denver; US-Florida-Apopka; US-Louisiana-Monroe; US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition # : 216203
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.