CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
We have an immediate opening for a Customer Service Technician to install telephone plant facilities, switched digital television, and high-speed internet at customer premises according to specifications directed and established by CenturyLink procedures. Also, to maintain, expand, replace and repair all plant facilities and subscriber apparatus required to provide service to customers. This position interacts directly with CenturyLink customers.
- Perform installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of high-speed internet, video and voice networks including associated wiring and equipment.
- Perform maintenance and repair on outside plant facilities.
- Use a shovel and pick to dig up and bury cable; and may be required to work in manholes or controlled environmental vaults (CEV).
- Locate buried telephone cables.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Assist other Technical personnel in the performance of their duties when requested.
- Convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company's products and services to our customers.
- Actively support sales and marketing related activities.
- Assume all other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years of current telecommunications industry experience in one or more of the following areas: installation, maintenance, and repair of aerial, buried and underground wire and cable; High Speed Internet; station equipment.
- Prior experience in a customer facing or customer service operation.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills for communicating CenturyLink's products and services to customers.
- Ability to visually identify all colors used in telephone cable.
- Working knowledge of PC's, including basic computer operational tasks.
- Ability to handle 28-foot extension ladders (up to 75 lbs.) and manhole covers (up to 150 lbs.).
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and at various hours of the day/night.
- Ability to respond to after hour call-outs, work overtime, shift, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to travel overnight as necessary for business requirements and training.
- Possession of a valid driver's license, with proven ability to safely operate company vehicles and equipment, and maintain a safe driving record.
- CCNT, CCNA, Network+, or A+ Certifications.
- Training on basic IT and network fundamentals.
- Experience or training in how to read and interpret outside and subscriber plant facility records.
- Internet protocol telephony exposure.
- Electronics training or experience that demonstrates knowledge of AC/DC theory.
- Knowledge of analog and digital transmission.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Requisition # : 216097
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.