Computer Technician - Level 3
- Posted: over a month ago
Century Solutions Group, Inc. is an IT Solutions company providing information technology support and solutions to a wide variety of clients. We are seeking to add a qualified individual to our staff as a Computer Technician.
The Computer Technician’s position provides maintenance, service, and support for every aspect of computer hardware, software, networking, and telephony equipment. The person in this position will perform general technical support functions, including physical installation, assembly, configuration, diagnostics, and maintenance of the personal computers, business computers, servers, and networking equipment. While working under the supervision of the Integration Manager, this person will work with a great deal of independence to establish daily and weekly work order priorities and performs related work as required.
- Education and Experience:
Equivalent to completion of two years of college-level coursework in computer science,
information technology or a related field or two years of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
CompTia A+ certification is required.
CompTia Server+ certification or equivalent is required
Must have proficient server knowledge
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
Equipment and Job Location
This person must demonstrate and strive to constantly maintain a proficiency in learning and using technology software and hardware. This person will have office space at the main office location (Tyrone, GA 30290) but will travel to business customers and perform work on site at these locations as needed.
Examples of Key Duties: (Duties are illustrative and not inclusive and may vary with individual
- Installs, configures and upgrades operating systems and software.
- Installs, assembles and configures computers, servers, monitors, network infrastructure
and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware; pulls cables and rewires
or directs the rewiring of cables as required.
- Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
- Works with computer internal components to diagnose and replace as necessary.
- Manages the return process for defective equipment to to returned vendor or manufacturer for replacement or repair.
- Acts as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with equipment and data; provides help desk functions to facilitate exchange of information and advice to fellow employees; implements solutions or notifies outsource providers as required.
- Acts as escalation support for other Bench Technicians for assistance and troubleshooting guidance.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Century offers excellent benefits including a matching 401k with profit sharing, health, dental and vision coverage, long term disability, short term disability, paid vacation and much more.
Century Solutions Group, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?