Field Office Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Century Engineering - Anne Arundel County
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction services throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around our employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century's culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is seeking a responsible candidate for a Field Office Assistant opening in Anne Arundel County. Ultimately, this person will help our operations run smoothly and become part of a team to evaluate, develop, coordinate and manage multiyear programs to maintain the County's infrastructure.
The successful candidate will support a team of Construction Managers and Construction Inspectors who are responsible for evaluating, planning and construction contract development and administration for County's roadway-related infrastructure, including roadway reconstruction, resurfacing and maintenance treatments, sidewalk, curb and gutter, guardrail, and other County-owned assets within the right of way. The candidate will be expected to be well organized, capable of managing multiple tasks and prioritizing deadlines.
Flexible work arrangements may be discussed at the interview stage.
- Establish and maintain logs, files, and similar records systems
- Compose correspondence
- Check work of others for errors and omissions
- Gather statistical information to be used for reports
- Compile, review, and input into the County's master reporting system information from daily project documentation (i.e., Inspectors Daily Reports, M.O.T. quantities)
- Occasionally travel to project/client sites to complete tasks or attend meetings
- Prepare project change orders and monthly estimates for Project Resident signature
- Prepare project reports as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years of experience in office engineering or construction contract management in Public Works and/or Highway industry. Some college coursework relating to engineering or construction management may be substituted for years of experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Excellent customer service skills, either in-person, via telephone or via email, including experience dealing with all levels of customers, including private citizens, community leaders and elected officials
- Efficiency, accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong computer skills, including e-mail and formal correspondence as well as good file management practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid driver's license with demonstrated safe driving practices
- Local residency or able to relocate at your own expense
- Knowledge of documentation required for construction contract administration a plus
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressAnnapolis Junction, MD
BusinessView all jobs at Century Engineering