Land Acquisition Manager - Fort Myers, FL (remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Century Complete
A pioneer in online and affordable homebuying, Century Complete knows what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities, and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career. We’re also a proud Century Communities company, one of the top 10 homebuilders in the U.S. and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Century Complete believes everyone should be able to achieve the dream of homeownership. That’s why we offer more home for less money through our industry-leading online “Buy Now” process, providing cost-saving efficiencies that help first-time homebuyers break the rent cycle, while maintaining the same quality craftsmanship and attention to detail that buyers expect from a Century Communities company. As we lead the way in bringing this groundbreaking process to new markets, we’re proud to make homeownership accessible to even more aspiring homebuyers across the country.
We understand that our mission of building, financing, and insuring more home for less money is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker, and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Land Acquisition Manager assists in identifying new land acquisition opportunities that align with the Division's land strategy and business plan goals. Conduct research, provide analysis and manage land data to maximize the profit of existing and proposed land assets.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Contact landowners in specific target areas directly: in person, by phone, letters of interest, and other means.
- Use online appraisal district maps and municipal maps to gather information on specific sites or areas. Information will include utilities, zoning, topography, entitlement status, and other development-related information to assess each site.
- Maintain a tracking log of viable tracts and comparable transactions.
- Follow municipal agendas weekly to understand the active projects and acquisition opportunities for partially entitled, fully entitled, or finished lots.
- Contact brokers on their listings and gather pertinent information.
- Establish relationships based on integrity throughout the real estate community with landowners, brokers, municipal employees, engineers, developers, attorneys, land planners, and personal relationships, which may lead to an opportunity. Attend networking events to generate new contacts and source deals.
- Follow up on leads through relationships and news gathered from various media sources.
- Due diligence assistance with zoning requirements, architectural requirements, utility availability, surveys, title work, rollback tax estimations, soil reports, financial analysis, environmental reports, work proposals, preliminary engineering, and land planning.
- Utilize Google Earth and other mapping tools to create exhibits and track land opportunities.
- Incorporate utility information, floodplain, and net acreage into map exhibits.
- Assist the land team with preparing financial proformas and plugging in assumptions, including timing, pricing, product lineup, sales pace, municipal fees, and other costs associated with development to determine the viability of proposed land acquisitions.
- Perform residual analyses to determine appropriate offer prices for land acquisitions.
- Update and maintain proformas as assumptions change.
- Populate CMA's to help understand how the proposed product line up and pricing compare to other communities in the market area.
- Create reports from market research resources such as Zonda, Bohlke, Metrostudy, and other data resources to help determine consumers' product preferences.
- Assist in preparing LOI's based on the terms discussed with acquisition leadership.
- With the guidance and assistance of Land Acquisition leadership, prepare detailed land packages with relevant support data and exhibits for submittal to the Asset Management Committee to seek approval of real estate transactions.
- Assist with preparing update memos during the acquisition period and development and post-closing.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Experience in land acquisitions, planning, and development.
- Knowledge and existing relationships of/in the local land market.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports or legal documents.
- Capacity to plan, organize, manage and supervise activities of direct reports.
Your Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or related fields is required. A Master's degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Homebuilding/Residential construction, Single or Multi-Family Land Acquisitions is required.
AddressFort Myers, FL
ConstructionView all jobs at Century Complete