Vice President of Finance
- Posted: over a month ago
About Century Communities
As a top 10 U.S. homebuilder—and the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row—we know what it takes to be a market gamechanger, and that includes providing you with all the resources, opportunities and benefits to build a thriving and rewarding career.
Benefits We Offer
Team members enjoy an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off and sick leave, plus home and mortgage discounts. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
We Hire The Best
Our mission of building, financing and insuring A Home For Every Dream™ is only possible with the best talent in the industry. If that’s you—if you’re a self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level—then apply today!
What You’ll Do:
The Vice President of Finance has a passion for analysis and results. This position will be responsible for financial planning and analysis, reporting, budgeting, operational improvement, forecasting, financial control systems, back-office operational efficiency, and cost accounting for the Division.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Supervises the annual business planning and quarterly forecast update process ensuring a high level of transparency and accuracy.
- Works closely with the Division President and Land Acquisition department to analyze the viability and structure of potential deals and determine the direction of future project and product positioning.
- Prepares and reviews all sales gross margin worksheets (sales scrubs).
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial results, including reasons for variance from the annual plan.
- Performs post-acquisition project reviews comparing actual results with original underwriting to identify trends or gaps and areas of improvement for future deals.
- Manages the monthly land development budget update process.
- Provides analytical support to management to improve homebuilding operations and identify cost savings and revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Works closely with the Sales and Marketing department in establishing correct project level pricing, including base prices, lot premiums, option pricing, and incentive promotions.
- Works closely with the Purchasing department to reduce direct costs, track commodity pricing, and limit our plan portfolio.
- Serves as a local driver of process improvement efforts driven to standardized processes in all aspects of the operation.
- Provides support and direction to the Corporate Accounting group in preparing division financial statements and disclosure.
- Oversees internal control and other accounting/operational procedures within the Division.
- Supports all division departments with special projects.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
What You Have:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow up and follow through on projects.
- Willingness to be proactive and take on additional responsibilities.
- Effective working relationships with vendors, suppliers, co-workers, and supervisory personnel.
Your Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- MBA or Big 4 CPA preferred.
- 4 or more years of experience in residential home building, land, or construction required.
- Experience with an international manufacturing corporation preferred.
- Work experience in manufacturing operations or purchasing is a plus.
- Knowledge of NewStar and IBM TM1 is a plus.
AddressLas Vegas, NV
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Century Communities