*Internal FTG employees please send interest to Careers@Flextg.com*
As an Accounts Receivable/Payable Senior Specialist you will play a very integral part within our accounting department. You will need to have a positive working relationship within The Accounts Receivable Department, The Accounts Payable Department as well as other departments. It is the responsibility of the position to daily apply check volumes between 150-350 checks and ACH payments. Detailed attention must be paid to transactions occurring each day to determine the authenticity and proper recording. You will also assist with planning and organizing the operations and activities of a centralized accounts payable function. You will assist with vendor setup, invoice entry and invoice approval.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage daily application of high-volume checks, credit card and ACH payments to appropriate customer account and subsequent deposit into bank account.
- File, save, update and/or document remittance and check copies as appropriate.
- Process credit card payments as needed.
- Research payment to determine correct posting and work with Billing team to resolve any discrepancies.
- Occasionally help accounts receivable department with collecting past due amounts.
- Work with Manager to ensure policies and procedures are being followed and monitor any new processes.
- Assist AP in Customer Vendor Relations and the AP disbursement group which handles all check disbursements
- Prepare invoices for payment and process weekly Accounts Payable EFT and Check processing
- Evaluate existing processes and make recommendations for improvement which will enhance efficiencies and ensure enough internal controls.
- Assist with intercompany/non-integrated company activity
- Creates and implements changes to work assignments, methods, or procedures to meet operational needs, improve accuracy and efficiency of the accounts payable system.
- Review statements and request invoice copies as needed
- Support Director of Accounting with additional projects
- Complete end of month AP processing including account reconciliation and vendor accruals
- Daily data entry purchase order and expense invoices
- Ability to communicate effectively within the organization as well as externally to resolve invoice discrepancies, payment issues, or other questions surrounding Accounts Payable or Cash Applications
Qualifications and Experience
- Detail orientated individual who is ok with high volume and repetition.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills. The ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), and follow up effectively with fellow employees and customers.
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations as position will change over time to include other payment application processes as well as other companies following new purchases and integrations.
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and work efficiently through different scenarios to manage volume and accurate posting.
- Ability to think outside of the box with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excited to be part of a team implementing new accounting processes and procedures and suggesting new ways to automate processes.
- 5 years plus of experience working in AP department or other accounting related department
- Tech savvy with MS Office knowledge (Excel, Word, Outlook), V-Lookups and Pivot Tables experience preferred
- Knowledge of eAutomate computer system and Docuware strongly preferred
- Associate degree or higher preferred; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work.
- This position has no supervisory responsibility’s
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The physical requirements for performing the essential functions of this position require the employee to be able to:
- Sit, stand, kneel, walk and reach
- Be able to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Hear well enough to communicate with others
- Read a computer screen and written material
- Write, type and use phone system
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
With all of this we ask of you what do we provide to our employees?
- Competitive pay
- Remote and Office based work
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- PTO, Sick time, paid company holidays. Heck, we all need time off to recharge or get better.
- 401K with company match. Never too young to save for retirement!
- Growth opportunities. We want our people to stay here and do their best work, so we look to provide those opportunities to advance in your career.
We pride ourselves on being team driven, and our unique culture gives us a competitive edge. We win together by working together as a team, giving mutual respect to all our co-workers regardless of their background or tenure. The engine of our team driven approach is our unique culture, which drives our profitability and stability. It’s a culture that exudes a high degree of professionalism at every level of our business. It’s a culture that maximizes the career development of all our employees, regardless of their job title and description.
Our company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and associates. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate based on race, color, creed, pregnancy, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or any other protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
Century Business Services
Why Work Here?Based in Costa Mesa, CA with satellite offices in San Diego and Riverside Counties. Century Business Services, Inc. serves multiple verticals like Legal, Education, Manufacturing, and Healthcare. Our group specializes in analytics, from your paper based day to day costs, to the most core processes in your company. Whether you’re a school, small business owner, or large corporate organization, we will not only improve your current workflow, but we’ll also help you adapt to the best practices for Cost Containment, IT Services, and Document Management. We bring extensive experience and professionalism to every audit and customize our support to your individual needs and concerns.
We are currently in a period of explosive growth and have exciting career opportunities in all areas!