This position will work in concert with the company CEO and COO to consult and participate in business decisions including business planning, budgeting, forecasting, acquisitions and more.
The Controller/Accounting Manager is responsible for the successful daily operations of the Accounting Department ensuring accuracy of data and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles & standards. Liaises between the accounting department, other departments, and branch offices to disseminate & utilize financial data. This position will manage all aspects of accounting software, including developing & implementing automated systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying & reporting financial information in the most efficient way possible (i.e., paperless processing of all possible accounting systems).
This position manages a Staff Accountant, Payroll Manager and Payroll Specialists, AP/AR Manager and AP/AR Specialist(s), Property Management Accounting Manager and Property Management Accounting Coordinators ensuring that work is properly allocated and completed timely and accurately. Will provide mentorship, supervision, training, and on-going development of the accounting team.
What we want you to do:
Manage and oversee the daily operations of the Accounting Department:
- Team management, mentorship, resource planning, communication & training
- Process improvement - Develop & implement accounting processes which improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- General ledger
- Credit cards
- Month and year-end process
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports on monthly basis
- Coordinate audits
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Support team with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Review Journal Entries and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
What we want you to bring:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or Business required.
- Proven working experience as a Controller, Accounting Manager or similar position.
- Working knowledge of the Real Estate, Property Management, Mortgage and/or Escrow/Title Industry a plus
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of the Real Estate, Property Management, Mortgage and/or Escrow/Title industries and their sales processes.
- Strong understanding of internal controls and accounting processes and procedures.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions and process improvements based on technical accounting knowledge.
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills. Ability to generate a feeling of trust and confidence and establish and maintain effective relationships as necessitated by work assignments. Strives for continuous improvement and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to manage competing demands and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective written, verbal and listening communications skills. Ability to speak clearly, listen and get clarification; read and interpret written information; write clearly, accurately and concisely. Ability to read and write English fluently.
- Excellent, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail; ability to be highly accurate with critical information and able to adapt during constant interruption of duties.
- Exceptional numerical aptitude, analytical & problem-solving abilities.
- Solid attendance history.
- Positive and productive attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Self-driven, motivated, results oriented.
- Professional dress and demeanor.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced Excel preferred
- Experience with Broker Wolf and Appfolio software beneficial
- Advanced experience with accounting software in an office environment.
- Experience with Real Estate Transaction software a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues and train others.
Licensing, Certification & Registrations
CPA a plus, but not a requirement.
Century 21 Select Real Estate Inc