Oracle Apps DBA Lead Architect
- Posted: over a month ago
For more than a decade, Centroid has been a leader in technology consulting. We are in the unique position to offer a broad range of services that reflect both our array of industry experience and our past performance solving complex business challenges. Our core services include consulting solutions, managed services, and Oracle infrastructure solutions. Centroid values employees and clients alike. Our goal is to provide superior service to our clients while providing our employees with continued growth and success.
Job Type: Full time
Location: 100% remote
- Mentor and lead Delivery Team, including training, managing, and mentoring other DBA team members.
- Interface with client team and management regularly via email, web conference and/or face to face
- Support the Applications Technology Practice as a senior member of the team from presales support through client project delivery
- Provide expert level Oracle Apps DBA knowledge and best practices to client pursuits and engagements
- Provide direction and specialist knowledge in applying Oracle Applications technology, solutions, and services to client engagements
- Act and perform in a hands-on, technical role for the Applications Technology Practice in support of production and non-production customer environments
- Collaborate with the sales team and act as a technical specialist and expert in preparing project estimates and presales deliverables for the Applications Technology practice.
- Provide technical escalation support for both customers and Centroid resources assisting the Applications Technology practice deliver successful project outcomes
- Assist with defining and documenting best practices, methodologies, and tools to enable consistent, high quality repeatable delivery of services
- Ensure all deliverables are handled, prepared, and reviewed with respect to both Centroid and client processes and expectations
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and provide mentorship, training, and education for more
- Identify emerging Database technologies, assimilated and integrated within the assigned client and mentor Centroid's Consulting services Team
- Provide support for various versions of Oracle Databases, Data Guard, RMAN and RAC implementations
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in a mission critical environment.
- Interface with other client teams to improve and implement database process, procedures and automation.
- Pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of the issues.
- Participate in regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis and predicting future database resource requirements.
- Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
- Prepares for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising senior technical management; coordinating design and programming.
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
- 15 years+ of Oracle Apps DBA experience, must have experience with Oracle Apps/EBS R12.2.x
- Experience as an Oracle Apps DBA with R12 throughout all stages of the lifecycle; preferred experience in 19c
- Experience with virtualization platforms Oracle VM and/or VMWare
- Strong understanding of Oracle RDBMS architecture
- Hands on experience with implementation, upgrade and tuning of large Oracle EBS environments
- Cloning of EBS systems and automation procedures
- Enterprise Manager Grid Control 13c
- Backup and recovery concepts, including RMAN
- EBS HA and DR concepts and options, including RAC, PCP, Shared File Systems, ASM, Data Guard, and other replication strategies
- Patch assessment and application in an EBS environment with activation of different modules
- Performance Tuning of SQL queries and database
- Performance problem identification and remediation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills; creative thinking
- Proven Systems Administration experience with multiple operating systems in Linux required, preferred: AIX, /Solaris/Windows
- Experience with multiple SAN/NAS storage solutions
- Strong knowledge of Middleware applications like SOA, OBIEE, OAM, OID
- Strong understanding of Cloud technologies
- Good understanding of database and application migration to cloud
- 15 years of Oracle Apps DBA experience, must have experience with Oracle Apps/EBS R12.2.x
- 5 to 8+ years of experience as a team lead.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Administer databases through full application life cycle, development, testing, and production.
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration, memory usage, data access, data manipulation, SQL, and physical storage.
- Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision-making capability, and focus on customer service
Powered by JazzHR
Centroid Systems, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Centroid Systems, Inc.