Temporary Studio ROCKS Teacher
Location: Columbia Rd, NW -Washington, DC 20009
Job Type: Full Time –Monday through Friday - 7:00am-4:00pm
Who we are
CentroNía is a bilingual, multicultural, nationally accredited learning center that provides affordable and high quality education; professional development to educators; and family support services to low-income children and families. As an award-winning nonprofit organization, we focus on providing a more holistic approach that ensures that the children and families we serve receive the support and encouragement they need to succeed academically, develop a strong sense of community, and live healthy and active lives. CentroNía offers a diverse and inclusive welcoming work environment with promising career opportunities and a holistic learning experience.
What we are looking for
The Temporary Studio ROCKS Teacher will provide supervision and instructional support to school-age children (K-3) in the following ways: before/after school during regular school days; full-day service when schools are closed for students; and full-day camp during school breaks (winter, spring, and summer). These services may include implementation of special curriculum and activities for academic enrichment and related to performing and visual arts. The teacher has to be able to establish strong relationships with the students and their families, supporting their socio-emotional development, and building a nurturing, developmentally appropriate environment.
- Prepare lesson plans aligned to the program goals and students’ competences
- Engage positively with the students and their families, creating a responsive environment
- Communicate with parents and provide information about the students’ progress periodically
- Support students’ academic competence, providing help with homework, while expanding and enriching their language in an integrated context that incorporates the arts
- Build and maintain positive disposition toward colleagues and the community
- Maintain accurate program records: incident reports, anecdotal record, student documentation, daily attendance and all meal counts; including uploading necessary data and information in COPA
- Create and set up classrooms into learning centers aligned to the program’s objectives and educational approach in age-appropriate ways
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in program activities, which include, but are not limited to team building initiatives, physical activities or games, and or any other activities
- Follow policies related to student supervision and mandated reporting
- Comply with professional development requirements from OSSE and CentroNía
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong leadership
- interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- 0-3 years working with school age children and youth.
- High School Diploma or GED; CDA in Pre-K or college credits preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certified
What we offer:
- Work-Life harmony
- Health and Dental Plan
- Life Insurance
- Child Care Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Competitive 401K Plan
- Inclusive work environment
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Management reserves the right to review and edit duties as desired or needed.
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter indicating the position that you are applying to
Attn: Human Resources
1420 Columbia Road, NW
Washington, DC 2009
Attn: Barbara Adan, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Apply through our Website:
Click on “View Current Openings”
CentroNía is an equal opportunity employer.
CentroNíaAccess to quality education continues to be the single most important challenge facing the District of Columbia and the greater metropolitan region. CentroNia, a nationally recognized, award-winning educational organization, provides affordable, quality education; professional development to educators; and family support services to more than 2,400 low-income children and families in the District of Columbia metropolitan region. Founded in 1986, CentroNiais a multicultural learning community with a pioneering approach to bilingual education. Our holistic approach ensures that the children and families we serve receive the support and encouragement they need to succeed academically, develop a strong sense of community, and live healthy and active lives.