Desktop Support Internship
Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Seasonal
Who we are:
CentroNía is a bilingual, multicultural, nationally accredited learning center that provides affordable and high quality education; professional development to educators; and family support services to low-income children and families. As an award-winning nonprofit organization, we focus on providing a more holistic approach that ensures that the children and families we serve receive the support and encouragement they need to succeed academically, develop a strong sense of community, and live healthy and active lives. CentroNía offers a diverse and inclusive welcoming work environment with promising career opportunities and a holistic learning experience.
What we are looking for:
CentroNía’s IT department is responsible for providing effective technology support for audio/visual, computer, multimedia, voice, video, and web based applications and services to all areas of the organization as well as facilitate the collection, storage, security, and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access to all internal users. The intern will receive tickets from CentroNía staff to resolve IT issues. The candidate will need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills to document tickets, communicate with all levels of end users and collaborate with different IT teams as well as other IT projects as related to the job. The Desktop Support Intern will gain experience in providing IT support.
- Assist IT team with installation, configuration and troubleshooting for end users of hardware and software to ensure continued usability of equipment and software to include, but is not limited to: Network Connectivity, MS Office Suite and Windows O.S.
- Install or assist IT team in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards and printers on user’s premises. Replace defective or inadequate software packages, as necessary.
- Provide desk-side assistance to end users in the use of existing and new technologies, manuals, hardware, equipment and software when the user’s needs are not satisfied by remote technical assistance.
- Track and update the movement of all IT assets (laptops, desktops, printers, etc.) within the stipulated database and within time constraints.
- Provide timely responses to client and management requests. Status updates need to be provided on a regular basis.
- Communicate with IT staff throughout the day. Refer major hardware problems to IT management for correction.
- Support training events and workshops to include set up, support and breakdown of any IT equipment needed.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Junior and Senior Undergraduate or Graduate student.
- Must know Windows X, Microsoft Office 2016 and 2019, Office 365, computer maintenance and repair, and be knowledgeable iPhone configuration.
- Resourceful with problem solving skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to explain solutions to individuals with a working knowledge of computer systems.
- Must be highly organized and be able to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Pro-active and self-motivated; able to anticipate and initiate tasks.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Management reserves the right to review and edit duties as desired or needed.
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter indicating the position that you are applying to:
Attn: Human Resources
1420 Columbia Road, NW Washington, DC 2009
Attn: Juan Manuel Santos, IT Manager.
Apply through our Website:
Click on “View Current Openings”
CentroNía is an equal opportunity employer.