Job Title: Bilingual Receptionist
Program: Operations & Administration –Facilities
Classification: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Site Director
The Bilingual Receptionist will provide overall administrative-clerical support to the Center, and will serve as the first point of contact for the organization, offering exceptional customer service.
- Provide administrative support in all aspects of the day to day operations of program management.
- Prepares timesheets for all the staff at the site
- Provides information and assistance to parents, staff and children, as well as to the Public
- Assists in data collection and reporting
- Operates a multiple line telephone system and performs receptionist duties
- Operates a variety of office equipment, including computer and copier.
- Provides operations team with administrative support.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, and communications with CentroNía staff
- Supports the Manager, Compliance and Administration in the compliance with all regulations.
- Draft office documents such as letters, reports, and presentations as needed.
- Coordinate / schedule meetings and maintain calendars.
- Performs clerical tasks such as filing, typing, photocopying, collating and distributing materials.
- Receives and helps distribute office supplies and packages.
- Requests emergency repairs and package moves to Facility Support Staff.
- Assist in the distribution of mail to staff members..
Required Core Competencies:
- Extensive experience in telephone and reception techniques; modern office procedures; correct
- English & Spanish usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with
- supervisors, teachers, co-workers, parents and children
- Ability to deal pleasantly, tactfully and courteously with the public; have an understanding and appreciation of human diversity, organization and community
- Ability to operate standard office machines and basic computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite, calculator, fax and copy machine
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to give verbal directions clearly and concisely
- Demonstrate flexibility in regards to schedules, sharing of tasks, changes in the routines or plans.
- Positive attitude.
- Respectful of diversity and open mindedness
- Helpful to others and able to work cooperatively.
Key Qualifications – Required experience and education
- 1-3 years of administrative assistant experience, be highly organized, able to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a small unstructured environment and very attentive to detail.
- Enrolled in AA or BA; High School Diploma is a must.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
Expected Work hours:
A maximum of 20 hours a week.
No traveling is expected for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position requires submission of required fingerprint background check.
CentroNía provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CentroNía complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, it is necessary to specify the physical, mental and environmental conditions of the Essential Duties of the job. The following codes are used to explain the frequency of physical activity:
"F" for frequently; "O" for occasionally; "N" for not at all
On the job the employee must be able to carry/lift loads of:
( F ) Light (up to 25lbs.)
( F ) Moderate (25-50lbs.)
( O ) Heavy (over 50lbs.)
On the job the employee must:
( F ) Bend ( O ) Sit ( F ) Squat and Kneel ( F ) Stand ( F ) Crawl ( F ) Walk ( O ) Climb ( F ) Push/Pull
( F ) Handle objects (Manual Dexterity) ( O ) Reach above shoulder level ( F ) Use fine finger movements.
Community-based organization with a safe, stable and healthy environment.
CentroNia has a very diverse staff, and Spanish/English bilingualism is essential to conduct business and serve clients.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other instructions or duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time for any reason.