- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Centro de Información, a growing place where the immigrant community has felt safe, understood, and supported for more than 40 years, is seeking an Executive Director.
A not-for-profit social service agency that provides bilingual advocacy in Elgin, Carpentersville, and Hanover Park for more than 15,000 immigrants every year. Centro serves mostly low-income, Hispanic immigrants residing in the greater Fox Valley area, but welcomes clients of any nationality from surrounding counties and states.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for providing executive leadership.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating the organization’s activities.
- Oversee the strategic, programmatic, and financial operations of the organization.
- Play a prominent leadership role in the advocacy for low income, immigrant populations.
- Promotes good relations with public, state, local, and federal governments.
- Responsible for ensuring staff are trained, efficient, and productive.
- Responsible for coaching, counseling, training, performance evaluations, and hiring of department staff.
Skills and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in business management, social work, or related field is strongly preferred.
· Three years’ experience leading or managing a not-for-profit social services agency.
· Strong working knowledge of marketing, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
· Experience in strategic planning and execution.
· Experience with not-for-profit social services agencies.
· Proven experience in planning, organization, development of fundraising, and grant writing.
· Ability to read, interpret and negotiate vendor contracts.
· Knowledge of CRM, social media applications, and Microsoft Office applications.
· Must be fluent in Spanish and English, written and spoken as well as bicultural.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Keen attention to detail and excellent presentation skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, financial reports, legal documents, and government regulations.
· Experience developing and managing brand guidelines.
Centro de Información
1885 Lin Lor LaneElgin, IL
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Centro de Información