- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you thrive in an innovative environment? Do you enjoy being able to take the time to find other people’s pain points and offer solutions? Are you looking for an environment where your hard work and motivation is valued and rewarded? If so, we want you to join our team!
Account Executives at Centrica Business Solutions connect, partner and build deep relationships with customers in commercial, industrial, municipality and educational sectors within their geographic region. Using innovative approaches and a passion for energy solutions our Account Executives sell multi-million dollar energy optimization projects that identify, assess and structure valuable technical and financial solutions for customers. Ultimately, our Account Executives not only help businesses find ways to make their facilities more efficient and less costly, but also make them safer, healthier and more comfortable for the people using them.
Our Account Executives provide value by:
- identifying potential customers for design build energy efficiency solutions in municipality, university, hospital, and K-12 facility markets,
- developing winning sales strategies that close project sales,
- connecting and collaborating cross-functionally with Engineering and Operations teams on the successful development and delivery of projects that “wow” customers and lead to long term relationships,
- owning the Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Qualification (RFQ) responses that the team agrees to pursue,
- creating and presenting proposals and reports to customers in a meaningful way to promote the project and ultimately lead to a closed sale; this includes guiding customers through the performance contracting and energy efficiency project financing process,
- building and nurturing strong relationships with multiple contacts, influencers, decision makers, and buyers within an account and effectively negotiating comprehensive energy projects with customers at any level within the organization,
- collaborating with management to develop market growth plans,
- maintaining awareness of competitors within the designated regional market and successfully positioning Centrica Business Solutions’ unique approach, capabilities and offerings.
The core components for success in this role are (i.e. must haves):
- A High School Diploma
- Proven success in sales role (3 – 5 years of experience)
- A technical background with the ability to initiate various strategies to increase customer base and implement a lead generation strategy
- Previous experience selling service contracts or “as-a-service” products
- Active Driver’s License
The following are a definite plus, so if you’ve got it be sure to tell us!
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or a related field
- Experience with HVAC, Controls, renewable energy (Solar PV) or Energy services
- Experience selling service contracts
- Experience working on energy efficiency/conservation projects to include identifying leads, closing sales and working with project development teams
- Experience selling service contracts to municipalities, universities, schools, and hospitals
- Experience related to best practices in upgrading and reducing energy consumption in building mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems
The travel required for this position is 50-75% of the time and will be mostly regional.
Come join a company that is committed to going further to understand what is needed and engineer what is possible.
Centrica Business Solutions is a nationwide, fast-growing company that maximizes the value of infrastructures by optimizing energy and building systems. We design and build energy efficiency upgrade projects that help our customers achieve financial savings, energy reductions and an enhanced environment that fosters productivity, comfort and safety.
We are driven and passionate about partnering with our customers and providing expertise to create more efficient and optimized environments for their employees, students, teachers and communities to thrive in. We strive to be better, do better and achieve better results for our customers. Our teams of experts don’t follow trends. We set them. We embrace change. We challenge the norm. We make promises - and we keep them. We earn our customers' business by creating value for them, showing genuine concern and understanding of their needs, building deep relationships, and ensuring they are happy. Our customers see and feel our constant care for every project.
In true Centrica Business Solutions fashion, we are continually reviewing and re-imagining what we can offer to meet our employee’s needs.
Together we have fun. Together we grow. Together we get better. It’s not just what we do. It’s who we are!
Centrica Business Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices
Centrica Business SolutionsWhy Work Here?
We are a values driven company that is fundamentally different. We are setting a new standard.
What we do: Digitalization and climate change mean organizations need to be more energy efficient and resilient to limit their impact on the environment while maintaining control of their energy spend. At Centrica Business Solutions, we deliver integrated energy solutions that balance profitability and sustainability. By bringing together the right combination of technologies and approaches, we help organizations get the most value from their energy and energy infrastructure, helping them solve their energy challenges and harness new opportunities in a changing world. As an Energy Service Company (ESCO), our broad portfolio includes: Energy Efficiency Solutions Solar and Energy Storage Demand Response and Energy Load Management Our benefits and perks: At Centrica Business Solutions, we ensure you are supported and valued. To help do this, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Some of our benefits & perks include: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance HSA, with company match FSA/DCA Paid Time Off 401(k), with company match Life Insurance Accident Insurance Employee Wellness Program Fitness Reward Program Employee Training and Development Opportunities Casual attire with professional and fun work environments Flexible/hybrid work opportunities Fungineering (We Engineer the Fun!) Centrica Business Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices