Medical Records Clerk
The primary responsibility of the Medical Records Clerk is to enter Home Health clinical/patient information, personnel related data, and billing information into the patient’s electronic medical records system.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalency (College Preferred).
Experience: One-year general office experience.
Skills: Excellent computer skills required, excellent interpersonal and organizational skill. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. The ability to type 40 to 50 WPM.
Transportation: Reliable transportation and valid auto liability insurance.
Environmental and Working Conditions
- Works in a routine office environment. Noise level may be moderately high, the ability to work a flexible schedule and extended hours.
- The ability to travel locally and some exposure to inclement weather. Possible exposure to toxic materials, toner, etc.
Physical and Mental Effort
- Prolonged sitting and some standing required. The occasional need to lift, pull, carry and push items weighing up to fifty pounds.
- Frequent need to stoop, kneel and reach while accessing files. Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet deadlines and patient needs and to meet patient/family individualized psycho-social needs. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Required problem solving skills.
- Ensures accurate entry, access, and retrieval of data base information.
- Generates necessary reports for management.
- Enters patient information to generate schedules and regulatory forms.
- Performs special projects and other duties as requested.
- May assist with the billing, payroll, and filing procedures.
- Promotes agency philosophy and mission by presenting a positive image to patients, families, physicians, and community agencies.
Contact us today and learn more about how Centric Home Health and Hospice is changing the standard for patient care.
Why Work Here?Centric Home Health and Hospice is building a team of leaders that have a passion for serving patients and their families. We believe that caring for our Staff is the best way to ensure our patients receive the greatest care possible. That’s why we offer a supportive and positive work environment where collaboration and growth benefit everyone. Simply stated, we are looking for people who share our passion of caring for patients and supporting those who do it everyday. Contact us today and learn more about how Centric Home Health and Hospice is changing the standard for patient care.
Caring for Patients, Families and Staff is the answer to providing meaningful care...That’s Centric Home Health and Hospice.