Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures personnel data, records, procedures and practices are in compliance with company policies and state and federal statutes and regulations; processes and documents newly hired employees, status changes and terminations.
- Provides managers and associates with clear and accessible information on how to comply with company policies and procedures related to employee status changes, documentation and record keeping.
- Conducts personnel record and information systems audits to validate and maintain integrity of employee data; work with managers to implement employee data corrections and/or obtain missing record keeping documents.
- Maintains personnel records and data by ensuring compliant processing and storage of employee information; administers internal personnel compliance audit controls and record-keeping requirements. Files all Retail paperwork; and is a partner in File Room maintenance
- Responds to unemployment insurance claims, employment verifications, and wage audit requests
- Oversees Form I-9 maintenance in compliance with Federal Laws
- Partners for special HR Projects
- Assists with recruiting
Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management
- Customer Service oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize tasks
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2-3 year of related work experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Experience with 10-key, Excel, Outlook, ADP PC/Payroll for Windows or similar payroll processing system