Sr. Business Analyst
at Centria Healthcare (View all jobs)
Farmington Hls, Michigan, United States
About Centria Healthcare:
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Farmington Hills, Michigan, Centria Healthcare is a leading provider of home-based catastrophic injury and rehabilitation care, private duty nursing, and supportive living services. Centria Healthcare Autism Services is the largest provider of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) across the state of Michigan, with services in other states.
The Sr. Business Analyst works with internal stakeholders to analyze and document business processes in Home Health and Autism Services business lines with a specific focus on Revenue Cycle Management functions. The successful candidate will develop technical specifications for IT applications supporting those processes. The Business Analyst will also assist in testing the application prior to implementation. Able to work on larger scale and more complex projects with minimal direction.
Business Analyst Essential Functions:
The ideal candidate must be able to perform the following essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Gathers and documents customer requirements.
- Work with stakeholders and project development team to prioritize the product backlog during planning meetings.
- Create user stories in the product backlog to support development of applications.
- Transform software user interfaces making them functional, intuitive, and attractive.
- Analyze current business processes to develop and optimize application design.
- Work with development and project management teams to clarify user acceptance criteria.
- Develop prototypes to validate requirements.
- Provide analysis and acceptance criteria for requirements.
- Perform Quality Assurance testing to ensure software meets requirements.
- Coordinate with other team members including other Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts, and Project Managers.
- Participate in system implementation, including user acceptance testing and pilot activities.
- Assist and support Lead Business Analyst in the setting of BA work product standards
- Acts as a consultant for internal stakeholders
- Able to lead small-scale, limited scope projects with minimal direction
- Identifies opportunities for organizational improvement and suggests solutions
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules
- Motivates and generates enthusiasm among project team members
- Develops relationships with client personnel, and continually seeks opportunities to increase satisfaction and strengthen those relationships
- Mentors less-experienced members of the Business Analyst team
- Perform other related duties and projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business (or equivalent experience in Home Health/ Healthcare industry or Application Software-related Business Analyst).
- Minimum (4) years of relevant experience, preferably in Healthcare industry.
- Knowledge and experience with low- and high-fidelity mock-up tools, and/or SQL.
- Revenue Cycle experience required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Ability to clearly and concisely gather, interpret, analyze, and document information.
- Ability to translate business and technical requirements into the form of Epics and User Stories.
- Demonstrable analytic reasoning and problem solving.
- Adept at understanding customer needs and analyzing those needs across customer base to identify the best solution.
Centria’s office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30am-6:00pm. Additional time may be required to complete above work or meet company objectives.
While performing the duties of this job, physical requirements such as bending, reaching and lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required. This role will require sitting a majority of the day as well as walking as standing when needed. This role will require close visual activity on multiple computer screens or monitors and the ability to analyze data and figures on a screen.
All applicants receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity or expression, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.