Paralegal - International Trade
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Paralegal - International Trade:
Centre Law & Consulting (www.centrelawgroup.com) is a boutique law firm specializing in representing federal government contractors. As a Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), Centre also provides a range of capabilities focused on the federal customer, training services and a range of professional services across various areas.
Centre Law is actively looking for an experienced Paralegal to virtually assist one of our attorneys in Silicon Valley, who specializes in International Trade Law. The Paralegal will provide clerical and research support services including document preparation and review; interviewing clients as necessary, research, and fact checking; and also provide support to our government contracts attorneys in Tysons. We are requiring two days in the Tysons office. We are willing to train the right individual in International Trade issues. This individual will then be able to assist attorneys reviewing the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Commerce Control List (CCL), Simplified Network Application Process (SNAP-R), and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). The Paralegal would also support other Centre Law attorneys as the need arises.
- Meets with attorneys, clients, and other professionals either in-person or virtually to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written analysis to attorneys.
- Interviews clients and witnesses and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Assists attorneys with routine correspondence.
- Performs conflicts checks using internal database to ensure new engagements do not conflict with current client representations.
- Monitor client matters and deadlines.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum three (3) years of paralegal experience required
- Minimum one (1) year of experience supporting International Trade, or government contracts, or corporate law or similar transactional practice area preferred
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
**Please note, in order to provide a safe workplace, our policy requires proof of a COVID-19 vaccination or valid accommodation.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/ and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan with company match, unlimited vacation, and generous sick plans, as well as opportunities for professional development and growth.
Centre is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer which includes interviewing and hiring Veterans and Disabled individuals.
Centre Law Group
Get fresh International Trade Paralegal jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.