- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Centre Law & Consulting is a full-service professional services firm representing federal government contractors. In addition, Centre is a Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) and its federal division provides services to many federal agencies. Visit www.centrelawgroup.com to learn more about the Centre difference.
Centre Federal has an opening for an experienced Paralegal III who will provide support services to our client, ATF, in DC with duties that includes managing cases, litigation, legal correspondence and review, record keeping, law library management, and legal administrative support. The Paralegal shall use discretion and professional judgment to refer matters or questions requiring actions to the appropriate office or government employee.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/ and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan and generous company match, a robust vacation and sick plan, as well as opportunities for professional development and growth.
· Paralegal Certificate or attending accredited law school
· 2-4 years of paralegal experience
· Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and databases
· Typing speed of 40 words per minute
Specific duties may include:
· Working closely with management division to gain a comprehensive understanding of programs and procedures.
· Preparing litigation materials, creating privilege logs, cite-checking, and performing pretrial preparation, and legal research or drafting as needed.
· Drafting communications and document transmissions in preparation for outside counsel and other parties.
· Reviewing technical papers as needed and preparing correspondence, presentations, and various documents.
· Assisting with legal support activities and discovery that includes holds, hold process, and drafting of reports related to those legal activities.
· Updating information in dockets to manage, coordinate, and clear legislative matters by circulating, consolidating, and submitting comments.
· Assisting attorneys with transmittal, filing, scheduling and archiving documents according to records management needs.
· Managing deadlines, filings, and the flow of facts and information, in addition, schedule, organize, and prepare documents and materials for meetings.
· Coordinating and preparing travel arrangements, authorizations, and vouchers on behalf of attorneys through Concur Travel System.
· Typing correspondence, reports, and tabular data from drafts and ensure proper edits which includes spelling, punctuation, and grammar in compliance with DHS style and standards.
· Utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, databases, graphics, project management applications, and other agency specific applications.
· Maintaining and/or uploading data into SharePoint and all necessary systems.
· Managing records in accordance with the ATF Records Management Policy by reviewing, filing, scheduling and archiving documents.
· Coordinating with team to meet correspondence deadlines.
· Maintaining hard copy and electronic filing and record keeping systems, as well as, retrieve and file documents in these systems and maintain logs and reports of said systems.
· Reviewing and maintaining the document library, as well as, assist divisions with performing legal research.
· Providing assistance in reviewing incoming legal correspondence. Participating in the collection and distribution of incoming legal correspondence, prepare mailings and communicate with a variety of offices and stakeholders.
· Assisting with special projects outside of the administrative support duties identified above.
All applicants are required to complete a suitability/background investigation. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing compensation. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Centre Law Group
LegalView all jobs at Centre Law Group