Residential Rehabilitation Manager
Centre For Neuro Skills Austin, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Laugh, create, give, and love. These are just a few of the positive words of affirmation that describe the culture at Centre for Neuro Skills (CNS). We work together as a team and continually inspire each other to lead positive change, learn, and grow. Our commitment to research, innovation, and advances in technology drives us to reach for what could be possible. Every day is a new day to smile, do, and change. We are passionate about our work and making a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
CNS helps people with brain injury find hope, independence and a meaningful life - and you can play a key role in that journey as a Residential Manager.
The Residential Rehabilitation Manager directs and coordinates activities of personnel in the Residential Rehabilitation Program to carry out its objectives in the provision of rehabilitative care. Is on the premises the number of hours necessary to manage and administer the facility in compliance with applicable law and regulation. A high degree of accuracy in documentation and observation, adaptability to a variety of situations, strong organizational and communication skills, decision making and an ability to evaluate situations as they occur is needed for this position.
Work is full time and may be mornings, afternoon and/or evenings in this 24 hour/7-day per week residential facility, including holidays. Will also include rotation of on-call work. Work is performed at the residential site and clinic, and may also include the community.
Since 1980 Centre for Neuro Skills (CNS) has been a leader in medical treatment, rehabilitation and disease management for people with brain injuries. CNS offers residential, inpatient, outpatient and assisted living programs. Multi-disciplinary staff work together to develop/implement personal rehabilitation plans. We trust each employee to use their life and educational experiences to promote and build strong patient programs that improve patient outcomes. We offer exciting career opportunities where staff accomplish great things with a deep sense of service.
Austin will be CNS’ fourth site in Texas, joining others in Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston. CNS also has three locations in California. All CNS sites offer rehabilitation therapies through inpatient, outpatient, day treatment, residential rehabilitation, and telehealth technology.
The company offers a competitive salary and benefits, paid time off, extended sick leave, medical insurance, paid holidays, and 401(k).
Duties and Requirements:
• Hires, trains, and supervises residential staff
• Prepares weekly staffing requirement reports
• When patients have needs identified in the needs and services plan which cannot be met by the facility but can be met by community programs, the RRM arranges for the patients to attend available community programs
• Assures that communication between the clinic and residential setting is upheld in a manner to promote quality operations that work for the good of the patients
• Coordinates patient admissions and discharges including NRS (Direct Care Staff) scheduling concerns
• Conducts tours of facility for outside sources including potential patients, families, and insurance representatives
• Maintains awareness of Residential departmental operation and objectives and need for addition, adaption or elimination of any techniques which would result in more effective service to patients
• Assures that licensing requirements are met
• Maintains Administrator certification as required by licensing regulations
Successful candidates will have:
• Knowledge of the requirements for providing the type of care and supervision needed by patients, including ability to communicate with such patients
• Knowledge of and ability to comply with applicable laws and regulations
• Ability to establish and maintain the facility’s policy, program, budget, and financial/other records
• Ability to recruit, employ, train, and evaluate qualified staff, and to terminate employment of staff, if applicable to the facility
Successful candidates will have the following experience and education:
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must have at least a high school diploma or pass a general educational development test (GED). Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field is highly preferred.
• One year of work experience in residential care is required
• Experience in which potential administrative and supervisory competence has been demonstrated is required
• Previous experience and/or working knowledge in rehabilitative care is highly preferred
• Must obtain and keep current Assisted Living Manager (ALM) certificate issued by State of Texas; however, a current Assisted Living Manager (ALM) certificate issued by Texas is highly preferred
If this is you, please read the attached full job description.