Looking for a job in the Social Work, Criminal Justice or Addiction field?
Since 1976, Centre has provided community-based services in North Dakota as a cost-effective intermediate sanction, as well as an adjunct to parole and probation supervision. Centre currently has contracts with the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP), U.S. Probation and Pretrial Services, the North Dakota Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (DOCR), the North Dakota Department of Human Services (DHS), AND Veteran Affairs (VA). Our Mission is to provide rehabilitative services to individuals to achieve social reintegration.
Why Centre Inc.?
- Learn about the field.Working at Centre Inc. allows people interested in the fields of counseling, law, human and social services, law enforcement, parole and probation and numerous other fields the opportunity to learn skills necessary for being successful.
- Ongoing training.Centre Inc.'s training program and protocol adhere to the American Correctional Association's Expected Practices for Adult Community Residential Services 4th Edition standards. ACA maintains the industry's best and most respected standards in Community Corrections.
- Grow professionally. Working for Centre Inc. allows you to grow professionally by learning Core Correctional Practices and encourage our clients to change their thinking patterns. Working with individuals who have been living self-destructive lifestyles and helping them, transition back to the community can be intrinsically rewarding.
- Learn essential field skills. Working for Centre Inc. is rewarding! Many government agencies (Federal, State, local and Veterans Affairs) in the region know Centre Inc. and value our employees and their skill set.
- Gain experience.Whether planning to make a career with us or if you are working to gain industry essential knowledge and training to aid in your preparation for numerous counseling professions, law school, law enforcement, social and human services government work, private sector, and or graduate studies, Centre Inc. may be for you.
Job Type: Residential Specialist on our Chemical Dependency Unit- Awake Overnight
Location: Centre, Inc. 201 S. 4th Street, Grand ForksND 58201
Hours: Full-Time, Sunday-Thursday (11:00 P.M.- 7:00 P.M.)
Pay: $13.50 to $21.22 per hour (Depends on Experience)
Full-Time Benefits: 401(k) with eligible company match of up to 6% - Paid vacation leave - Sick leave - 100% Employer Paid Employee Health, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance- Medical Flex Spending, Double pay for holidays worked - 10 paid holidays per year- Employee Assistance Program - Employee wellness programs-Voluntary Life Insurance- Shift differential.
Job Summary:This is an entry-level position that requires an interest in human services, good communication skills, and the ability to pay attention to detail. Students in criminal justice, sociology, social work, or a related field are encouraged to apply. Job duties include direct contact with clients to maintain accountability, safety, and security in a residential setting as a part of a team that supports individuals receiving treatment for chemical dependency, mental health, and offender rehabilitation.
Centre Inc. is an EEO/AAP employer and will recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels the most qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Candidates must pass a background check, drug test, and driving record check prior to employment. Successful candidates will be team players, possess strong oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to understand and work within the agency's mission and various regulatory guidelines. All employees are required to uphold the mission and adhere to the Centre's core values in all their interactions with Centre clients, referral sources, and employees.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro