Account Executive - Public Administration (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Account Executive – Public Administration (Territory - Southern California)
The Account Executive develops and maintains favorable relationships with new customers in order to increase revenue. Additionally, the Account Executive ensures achievement of strategic sales objectives for a specific region or territory. The Account Executive prospects a variety of new clients for CentralSquare Technologies’s suite of software solutions for public safety, professionals and works under moderate supervision with latitude for independent judgement.
- Prospects, develops and closes contracts within the Public Administration arena for a specified geographic territory.
- Builds and maintains a high-performance sales pipeline; creates and nurtures a positive and professional image in the Public Administration industry.
- Utilizes Solutions Selling strategies to determine client needs; communicates effectively and professionally within the Public Administration sector.
- ravels to client sites, attends conferences/trade shows, performs discovery sessions, and coordinate demonstrations for potential clients.
- Documents sales activity with prospective clients using the company’s Client Relationship Management (CRM), currently Salesforce.com, software; manages sales opportunities, activities, and sales pipeline.
- Works with Pricing Managers and Sales Directors to produce contracts and develop quotes with potential clients.
- Provides leadership, strategy and input in activities to respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs) from prospective clients.
- Conducts appropriate amount of competitive research and maintains knowledge of competitive products.
- Supports ongoing organizational improvement efforts and maintain good inter-departmental relationships.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the public administration industry including trends, business practices, financial measurements and performance indicators, and key competitors.
- Lends expertise and assists with special projects as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
Specialized knowledge: Knowledge of Project Management, team building, budgeting, and solutions selling and its applicability. Knowledge of Public Administration software is a plus.
Computer skills: Proficient in MS Office suite. Knowledge of CRM software. Knowledge of Salesforce.com a plus. Experience with the regular use of mobile devices.
Experience (years and type):
- Requires minimum 5-7 years experience in technical of software field sales and integration efforts.
- Public Administration field selling experience in Finance, Community Development, Utility Billing and Lucity.
- Significant experience with large volume sales, preferably selling a software application/solution or comparable advanced technology product/service.
- Customer Service or support experience a plus.
- Field sales experience with new business expertise. Must have a hunter mentality.
- Public Sector ERP experience is preferred.
Competencies: Proven attention to detail and thorough documentation. Polished presentation skills. Proven sales track record that demonstrates consistent success in meeting or exceeding quota.
Travel: Up to 75%
Location: Ideally seeking applicants that reside in or around Southern California
BusinessView all jobs at CentralSquare Technologies