Seeking a skilled and motivated Plant Mechanic to be a part of our team. The person in this position must possess the desire and ability to maintain and repair all plant equipment. The Plant Mechanic’s role is to ensure successful maintenance and repair of plant machinery and support special projects within the plant.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Being the first point of contact with management when equipment goes down.
· Maintains accurate documentation of equipment of equipment checks and repairs.
· Takes machinery apart for replacement or repair and then adjusts, oils, fixes and replaces machinery parts.
· Accountable for maintenance and repair of all processing equipment including hammermills, conveyors and grain elevator legs. This will include replacing gear boxes, bearings, etc.; compressed air, welding, fabricating and installing new equipment as needed.
· Troubleshoot causes of plant equipment problems and work independently to ensure proper and permanent fixes are in place. Ensure all work performed conforms to management expectations and actively work to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
· Constructs parts or orders replacement parts and installs them.
· Performs preventative maintenance tasks for equipment and facility in accordance with manufacturer's and/or engineering guidelines.
· Demonstrated capacity to interpret hydraulic and electric schematics and learn new systems, methods and technologies.
· Good working knowledge of electrical 120/240 single phase and 240/480 3 phase.
· Responsible for troubleshooting and repair of all electrical systems and components in the facility.
· Strong background in PLC’s.
· Responsible for the repair of the electrical systems include, but are not limited to, variable speed drives, motors and motor control equipment, PLC and
· Inspects, diagnose, troubleshoots and locates mechanical deficiencies on heavy equipment diesel engines and components.
· Determine extent of necessary repairs including identifying major engine and transmission overhaul needs and prepare orders for required services.
· Experience servicing loaders, semi-trucks, tractors, sweepers, etc.
· Perform welding and brazing, fabricate and modify parts, equipment, miscellaneous structures and attachments.
· Complete all documentation (work orders, parts orders, inspections, warranty support, comments and time sheets) in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
· Works with industry-specific and highly complex precision machines including but not limited to: ball mills, conveyors, pneumatic/hydraulic systems, pumps,
bearings, belting and compressors. Ability to weld a plus.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Able to work unsupervised efficiently and competently.
· Excellent communication skills.
Education, Experience and Certifications
· 3-5 years of manufacturing maintenance and/or electrical or related experience.
· Diesel mechanic certification is a plus but not required.
Welding, mechanical and electrical certifications are preferred but not required.