Central Transport, LLC, a leader in LTL (less-than-truckload) transportation for more than 80 years is currently seeking a Safety Clerk for our Corporate Office in Warren, MI. We are in search of detail-oriented, organized individuals who are looking to begin a career or are ready to take the next step. This role is a critical position to maintaining the safety of our drivers and field locations. This is a tremendous entry level opportunity for college students, recent graduates, or experienced professionals looking for the next step! If you enjoy an energetic, team-oriented environment and would like the chance to be a part of a fast-paced, top performing company, we want to hear from you!
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Process driver logs
- Adequately address roadside inspections in a timely manner according to state specific rules
- Process violation notifications as needed
- Compile reports as requested regarding accident or spill information and frequency
- Update and maintain employee and/or site files
- Aid in distribution of necessary safety related communication or tools
- Make recommendations directly to the Leadership Team to prevent future accidents and near misses.
- Support and implement departmental initiatives, involving daily interaction with CDL and Operations personnel
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Safety, Business, Human Resources related degree is a plus
- Familiar with Microsoft Office including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel
- Ability to work Full Time, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Excellent communication skills: listening, reading, writing
- Ability to multi-task and exceptional time management skills
- Ability to prioritize according to urgency
- Work independently and as part of team
- Willingness to learn (or obtain the knowledge) of OSHA, DOT and FMCSA regulation
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Paid vacation
- Life Insurance
- Opportunity for advancement
Why Work Here?Central Transport LLC is one of the nation’s most reliable and technologically advanced LTL (Less-than-Truckload) carriers to date. We are privately owned and have been servicing manufacturing & retail companies of all sizes for almost 90 years now. With over 200 locations around the country, we pride ourselves on the continuous expansions that we have made and are still making strides to improve our operation systems to better service our wide network of clientele. For example, we have recently implemented 25 next-day hubs in our network to provide immediate, essential services for our customers overnight. We also hold the industry’s most modern fleet with our tractors & trailers having an average age of 2.5 years old. Earlier this year, our business levels have reached the highest they’ve ever been; breaking our personal record that had been set the previous year. We like to credit our growing success with our ability to develop and provide opportunity for our team of employees so they can make advancements within our company.
As a privately owned company with over 200+ locations, Central Transport provides a great opportunity to grow in the field of logistics!