Central Transport, LLC is currently seeking an OS&D Supervisor for our facility located out of Vandalia, OH. We are looking for experienced, detailed, forward thinking, and highly motivated candidates to serve as a leader amongst the department. If you love a challenge and are looking to take a step towards a rewarding career, the HU Control Supervisor opportunity may be right for you. The shift you will be working is 2:00am - 12:00pm Tuesday-Saturday.
These individuals will report directly to HU Control at the Corporate headquarters and will not be absorbed into normal freight movement. They will work closely with other HU Control Hub Quality individuals as well as HU Control at the corporate office to produce a quality product for the movement of all freight in and out of the location.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
- Experience in LTL, distribution/logistics, transportation, operations management or knowledge of LTL freight movement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of HU Control functions
- Knowledge of computer systems and handheld scanning technology
- Willingness to work off shifts
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Proper investigation on reported overages, shortages and damages involving the terminal
- Prevention and recuperation of customer goods due to damages
- Overseeing and enforcing outbound load quality
- Providing disciplinary action for load quality from other terminals
- Taking inventory of load bars and other tools that are used to secure the freight
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting on all OS&D findings