Central Transport is an industry leading Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) transportation carrier. We are one of the nation’s largest LTL carriers and have experienced significant growth over the last several years. As we continue to expand our network, we are seeking quality mechanics to help maintain our fleet of over 2,200 tractors, 8,500 trailers, and 1,700 forklifts across the United States and Canada.
Diesel Mechanic – Performing preventative maintenance as well as troubleshooting and repairing electrical and after-treatment systems on our Class 8 tractors.
- Diesel Mechanics start at $25/HR - $27/HR after one year of service
What Central Offers:
- $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Industry Leading Pay
- Medical, Dental, PTO, Paid Holidays Off, Paid Bereavement Leave, Paid Jury Duty Leave
- Now Offering Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Care Network!
- Free Uniforms Provided
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Repair trucks, and trailers and related equipment in a timely and efficient manner
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper working condition
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmission, and differentials
- Responsible for repairing damage to containers, trailers, and chassis.
- Repairing tears on the sides of containers
- Replacing lights
- Tire repair
- Landing gear repair
- Frame repair
- Preventative maintenance / running repair / brakes / suspension
- 1 year of experience
- Basic set of tools
- ASE certification preferred but not required
If you’re interested and would like to learn more, please call 586-467-0140 ext. 2671 or submit your resume!