Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Client Service Representative - Part-Time/Weekends
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Position at Central Texas Veterinary Specialty & Emergency
ECC CLIENT CARE REPRESENTATIVE**This opening is for weekends and is part-time. We are looking for support staff to work one or two days each weekend. Shifts can be negotiable, anywhere from 6 hours to 12 hours.
We are looking for the right person to join our Emergency & Critical Care Client Service Team!
If you love working with people and have always wanted to contribute to a Veterinary Health Care
Team, apply with us today!
The right candidate will excel in:
- Working well within a team
- Helping animals live healthier, happier lives
- Guiding clients through their Veterinary Hospital Visit
If you are interested in Veterinary Medicine and looking to have a career that is your passion,
joining our team will allow you to do just that. Veterinary Client Care Representatives are skilled,
experienced, and valued members of our teams, and we treat them that way.
Do your goals include becoming a Licensed Veterinary Technician?We offer educational support
and partner with Purdue University's Online Veterinary Technician Program.
Thrive in an environment that encourages learning, promotes professional growth, and has
limitless opportunities for advancement.
• High-quality care of patients and clients.
• Answer multiple line phones.
• Greet clients upon arrival and seek assistance for immediate triage cases.
• Appropriately prepare billings, receipts, collect and record all payments for services
• Explain hospital policy as it applies to payment for services rendered.
• Faxing, filing, scanning, mailing.
• Phone clients and referral DVMs with updates.
• Performing end-of-shift duties, including cleaning the lobby and completing cashier logs.
• Properly use the practice management and workflow management software for patient
check-in and discharge.
• Assess the lobby waiting area and exam rooms for changing conditions of patients waiting
to be seen.
• Compassionately support clients throughout their visit to the emergency room.
• Follow the Client Care job responsibilities checklist for Emergency Care.
• Consistent, regular attendance when scheduled.
• Always be in position and prepared to work at the start of each shift.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work well with others as a team.
• Flexibility and the ability to adjust to a changing environment.
• Handle stress and pressure calmly, with poise and tact.
• Self-motivated, hard worker.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and delegate appropriately.
• Willingness and ability to learn new tasks quickly.
• Ability to receive constructive criticism and accept responsibility for actions.
• Reliable and dependable.
• Common sense, good judgment, and a sense of humor.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance options, all starting the first of the month following the date of hire.
- 401K with company match.
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account options are included.
- Long Term Disability options.
- Short Term Disability, paid for by the employer.
- Complimentary Life Insurance is $15,000; with options to purchase additional voluntary benefits for self or family.
- Continuing Education allowance.
- Personal Pet Discounts.
- PTO and Paid Holidays.
- Partnership with Purdue University's online Veterinary Technician Program.
• GED or High School Diploma.
• Two years minimum customer service experience.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Know how to operate essential office equipment.
• Knowledge of the veterinary field is preferred, but not required.
Knowledge of the veterinary field is preferred, but not required.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Overtime may be required.
• Work rotation for Saturday is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to bend, stoop, and
stand for extended periods of time. Required to lift up to forty (40) pounds. Employees will be
expected to request assistance with lifting or carrying animals or materials over 40 pounds.
1. Hazards associated with infected animals, controlled substances, and possible exposure to
2. Exposures to unpleasant odors and noises.
3. Exposure to aggressive patients, bites, scratches, and animal wastes.
Working as an Emergency Client Care Representative at Central Texas Veterinary Specialty &
Emergency Hospital is a challenging and rewarding career. Emergency Client Care representatives
are expected to be active participants in our mission to provide the highest quality care to our
clients and their pets.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by
the employee. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to
perform any other job-related duties expected by the employee's supervisor, a Central Office team
member, or any doctor.
We are a proud United Veterinary Care Partner hospital. United Veterinary Care supports the
unique culture and individuality of each partner hospital while empowering the hospital teams in
their care for patients. One of our goals is to support our community of hospitals in creating
sustainable, fulfilling careers in a profession we love.
Central Texas Veterinary Specialty & EmergencyAustin, TX
Get fresh Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Client Service Representative - Part-Time/Weekends jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.