Central Stone Company, a leading producer of aggregates in the Midwest, is seeking an individual to fill the role of Production Manager to focus on optimization of day-to-day operations and support of Plant Superintendents for all assigned locations. Position reports to area operations manager. This full-time position is based out of our regional office located in Fenton, MO (the greater St. Louis area). In this role, daily travel will be required between operations within a 100 mile radius from the regional office.
At Central Stone, we offer a competitive wage and benefits package including Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, paid Holidays and Vacation, 401k with Company match, Company vehicle, and more!
- At least 10 years’ experience in the aggregate mining industry with a track record of progressive responsibility and successful operations management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to interact with employees and potential and existing customers
- Safety-minded and goal-oriented
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to provide strong leadership and ability to interface with all levels of people and knowledge of modern motivational principles and practices in the aggregate mining industry
- Firm knowledge and understanding of engineering technologies and practices to improve efficiencies and reduce operating costs
- Ability to dissect complex situations and determine the most cost effective solution
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Must have valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must pass a drug screen, background check, and applicable physical / functional capacity tests
Major responsibilities include:
- Oversee day-to-day production at all assigned locations and provide support to Superintendents to sustain a safe, efficient, and productive work environment.
- Ensure that all required safety processes and procedures are being followed at all locations. This effort should be coordinated with our Safety Department and area operations manager through regular communication and in alignment with our company goal of maintaining a safe workplace and zero citation inspections.
- Review aggregate production reports daily and follow-up with Superintendents as needed to ensure various maintenance and production goals are achieved.
- Work with Superintendents to ensure proper maintenance plans are in place and being executed.
- Coordinate with Superintendents to provide proper training on all equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, annual refresher training programs on mobile equipment operation, crusher maintenance inspections and operation, conveyor maintenance and operation, log and/or screw maintenance and operation, and screen maintenance and operation.
- Review gradation results for all locations on a daily basis.
- Develop understanding of major customers and their needs and uses of various products.
- Coordinate with Area Operations Manager to identify future major repairs of all equipment.
- Identify areas for efficiency improvement and work with the Area Operations Manager to quantify the potential cost savings and/or other benefits to the company.
- Work towards continuous improvement in all areas of mine production and safety.
- Work with Assistant Superintendents to develop the necessary skill set for them to transition in to the Superintendent role per the Assistant Superintendent Training Plan.
- Review engineering drawings and work with Area Operations Manager to provide feedback on proposed modification/upgrades/new construction to ensure the project will meet the intended goals.
- Maintain a high standard of aesthetics at all operations. This includes but is not limited to: well-maintained landscaping, a clean plant area which is reasonably free of build-up and/or debris, and an overall good appearance of all mobile and stationary equipment.
- Ensure customers are being properly loaded with products in a timely manner at all locations.
- Regularly meet with sales staff and operations manager to identify sales goals and ensure these align with production capabilities.
- Promptly follow-up with complaints from customers if a product quality issue should arise. This should be done in coordination with the sales staff to ensure all products are meeting required specifications.
- Work with Superintendents, Area Operations Manager, and Human Resources Department in hiring of all hourly and salary employees.
- Enforce company policies and hold Superintendents and/or hourly employees accountable to defined goals and objectives.
- Work with Environmental Manager to ensure that all operations are operating in compliance with environmental regulations.
- Execute mine plans provided by the Mine Development department and work with them to update these plans as needed.
- Manage stripping projects as need at various locations.
This is a great time to join our team. If this description sounds like you, apply today!
To apply, follow this link:
Pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check required. Central Stone Company is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer for all including Women, Minorities, Veterans and Individuals with disabilities.