Administrative Assistant / Compliance Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Summary/Objective: Provide overall administrative support to compliance-oriented activities associated with policy filing and drafting, and regulation monitoring. Organize and assist with department workflow to allow for efficiency and attainment of deadlines.
Essential Functions (reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including organizing and assisting with the flow of work for the Compliance department.
- Assist with monitoring and analyzing proposed changes to state rules and regulations. Coordinate relaying information to appropriate Company personnel of the proposals and potential impact on company products.
- Assist with updating forms, charts, and/or company procedures to ensure compliance. Work closely with pertinent Company personnel to ensure coordination of necessary changes.
- Assist with variety of tasks pertaining to form and rate filings for credit and non-credit products (both group and individual) and property and casualty products with State Insurance Departments.
- Assist with maintaining charts for state information, compliance issues, agent licensing, and department procedures. Coordinate projects, legislative changes, and additional research requests.
- Assist with the research for states, which includes analyzing state laws and regulations. Research group versus individual products, agent and corporate licensing requirements, and specialty products.
- Responsible for project coordination and compliance support for various projects.
- Monitor the electronic in-box (firstname.lastname@example.org) for CSO to review notices from state insurance departments.
- Assist with the coordination of outside vendor for service of process and other corporate matters.
- Assist with special project and duties as assigned including backup and coverage for other areas. Interact with other department members and coworkers to share pertinent information, resolve problems and inquiries, and to allow for efficient data and information flow.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education.
- Minimum three years of general office or clerical experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Excel. Ability to utilize specialized software packages (SERFF).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to write correspondence regarding policy/regulation changes and change current certificates and forms accordingly.
- Must be able to work independently and have good organizational skills.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Previous experience as an administrative assistant.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. CSO’s overall business workdays are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with the incumbent’s actual work hour schedule to be determined by their supervisor. Attendance is required with employee working their scheduled hours of work at the employee’s designated work location, which may be office or remote based, or a combination thereof.
This job operates in a corporate office environment. Incumbent is expected to reasonably work through necessary stressors of the job and work reasonably well with others.
It is CSO’s practice to communicate pertinent information on job duties, company policies and benefit disclosures via its email system. Thus, employees are required to access their company email account as an integral part of their job responsibilities.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, postage meter machines, photocopies, filing cabinets.
The work performed is sedentary with the employee seated, and standing intermittently, to perform most duties. Less than 10% of the time will be spent performing physical activities and the job does not involve stooping, crawling or kneeling except in occasional situations. However, a negligible amount of lifting, pulling and pushing may be required to perform the work and some walking, standing, and manual dexterity may be required in routine activities such as carrying papers, opening file drawers, operating basic office equipment.
This position requires no travel.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed, the level of knowledge and skills typically required and usual working conditions of the position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
CSO is a smoke and drug free workplace and requires post offer drug testing. Those applicants in need of reasonable accommodations to the application, the hiring process or the position applied, should communicate the request to Human Resources at 402-399-3336, toll-free at 1-800-826-6587, ext. 3336.
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of our post-offer drug screen and a background check which includes criminal, education, and past employment. Some positions may also include credit and/or motor vehicle report where those checks are related to the position. Criminal convictions do not necessarily prevent employment. Various factors may be considered including, but not limited to, the type of conviction and its relationship to the job, the nature and seriousness of any offense and the length of time since conviction. Applicants are not obligated to disclose any sealed criminal record.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Participates in E-Verify
Central States Health
BusinessView all jobs at Central States Health