The position reports to the General Manager of Central Rivers Power with responsibility of asset management activities across the CR portfolio.
The Asset Manager is accountable for creating value throughout the portfolio of assets. The position is responsible for the financial performance, asset optimization and performance improvement of the portfolio of hydroelectric assets. The person will be responsible to enhance the profitability of the portfolio through close collaboration with the company’s operations, technical and regulatory teams.
The Asset Manager will identify and analyze performance improvement opportunities, as well as develop, implement, and manage long term value creation strategies. The Asset Manager will lead the evaluation and analysis of potential capital investments in the portfolio in close coordination with the finance team and project management teams. The position will ensure current and future financial performance of the portfolio is in line with project underwriting and long-term strategic plans.
We are looking for a professional with a balance of engineering, operational, and financial skills who has a track record of adding value for owners. This individual would have problem solving skills, enjoy challenging and complex tasks, and have a tenacity for finding ways to be successful.
Our ideal candidate is an action-oriented, hard-working team player who can jump in and support projects from a variety of angles. This position requires excellent communication and writing skills as well as the ability to balance priorities and shift needs on the go.
- Asset Optimization – Monitor and challenge the operational performance to achieve the highest possible free cash flow while complying with all regulatory requirements. Keep abreast of industry trends, marketplace changes and regulatory rules. Fully utilize monitoring system functionality to identify and evaluate asset optimization opportunities for performance improvements.
- Asset Maintenance – Evaluate and manage long-term maintenance strategies. Collaborate with operations team for cost-efficient and sustainable maintenance of the assets.
- Problem Resolution - Facilitate collaboration amongst organizational cross-functional teams as necessary to find resolutions for any operational, financial, commercial, or technical issues.
- Reporting - Review project operating reports and documents to ensure production targets are met, as well as compliance with all regulatory requirements. Manage reporting cycle to ensure timely, accurate reporting of financial, operational, and contractual obligations.
- Evaluate operating costs, improvements, and/or process enhancements for existing projects or turnaround opportunities
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- MBA is preferred
- Demonstrated analytical experience required
- Experience with Power Plan operations; Hydroelectric experience preferred
- Experience with power market operations
- Experience with business planning, project finance, and accounting preferred
- Ability to build relations and great communication skills
- Strong negotiator and ability to influence others
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Problem solving skills and an ability to work independently
Central Rivers PowerCentral Rivers Power owns and operates 45 hydroelectric power plants with a combined installed capacity of 260 MW throughout the United States. The facilities are located in New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Idaho, Washington, and California. Central Rivers provides reliable, low-carbon energy to the regional power grid.