Finishing Department Manager
- Expired: December 16, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
About Central Package & Display
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? This is your opportunity to be a part of Central Package and Display, a family owned manufacturer of consumer and business packaging. Our team of 125 employees has been producing quality packaging for more than 60 years and have gained a reputation for leading edge technology, experience that makes a difference, and a team-oriented approach to business. We are looking for that next team member who is motivated and capable of performing a multitude of functions in a fast paced, friendly workplace.
General Purpose of Job:
The Finishing Department Manager will be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of production and operations in the finishing department. They will work closely with the other departments to monitor the flow of production as well as being aligned with production planning and scheduling around orders.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the Cutting, Die Cutting and Folding-Gluer activities of production
- Read and analyze work orders/job jackets to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- Confer with other supervisors and production management to coordinate operations and activities between departments
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals
- Inspect materials, products, and equipment to detect defects of malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and solve machinery problems
- Demonstrates equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees
- Observe work and monitor product to ensure that operators conform to production standards
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances
- Interpret specifications, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers
- Complete all job/maintenance logs as required
- Follow all company safety requirements
- Comply with all company rules and regulations
- Manage, coach and develop shift area production supervisors
- Perform other job duties as assigned
10 Hourly Production Staff
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of raw materials and production processes
- Knowledge of supervision principles involved in production methods and coordination of people and resources
- Good communication/math skills
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their design, uses, repair and maintenance
- Knowledge of safety regulations and training
Required Education or Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a similar industry
- Prior management/supervisor experience is preferred
In this position, individual must work a minimum of 45 hours per week. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, lift up to 50 pounds and also will be sitting at their desk and working on the computer a big percentage of their time.
- Pay rate to Salary Range $65,000 to $80,000 depending on qualifications
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account, Basic Life & Supplemental Life, Disability Insurance, and on-site Fitness Center
- For additional information contact HR Manager @ 763.493.0630
Central Package & Display
AddressBrooklyn Park, MN
Get fresh Production Packager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.