- Posted: over a month ago
Join the organization that received Outstanding Public Transportation System Achievement Award from the American Public Transit Association in 2018 & 2020!
Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) is central Ohio's public transportation provider, providing nearly 19 million passenger trips per year servicing Franklin County and parts of Delaware, Fairfield, Licking, and Union counties. Guided by our 2019-2024 Strategic Plan, our vision is to move every life forward. Our mission is to provide solutions that connect people to prosperity through innovation, dedication and teamwork.
Salary: $17.50/hr Training Period Pay, $21.10/hr Onboard Pay.
Bonus Incentive: $2,000 bonus for newly hired Bus Operators, an extra $500 if you already have your CDL-B
(More details provided during briefing)
Schedule: Candidates must attend mandatory, paid, 9 (nine) week training period.
After training, variable shifts at any time of COTA service. Schedules are based on seniority, new operators must be willing to work any shift and day or night as required.
Location: Various COTA locations, Columbus, OH
Benefits: COTA offers competitive benefits including: medical/Rx, vision, dental, and supplemental insurance, life insurance, employee discounts, employee bus pass; wellness initiatives, on-site cooking classes & chair massages, on-site Health Coaches & Dietitians, tuition reimbursement, and retirement benefits through OPERS & Ohio Deferred Compensation.
Position Summary: Operates a motor coach around the Central Ohio area. Transports customers safely, courteously, and in a timely manner while following navigation directions from GPS. Provides a reliable, welcoming ride to customers while building a stronger community.
Performs duties in alignment with the 2019-2024 COTA Strategic Plan and in support of the organization's vision To Move Every Life Forward.
This Position is Responsible For:
- Operates a motor vehicle safely and courteously, transporting customers over the various lines in COTA's systems while complying with all state and local traffic laws;
- Performs work in accordance with operating rules and regulations;
- Speaks coherently and plainly, in order to call out stopes and provide customers with necessary information;
- May operate any motor vehicle of 30 feet or more on the Neighborhood Circulator Route Board when required;
- Conduct Pre-Trip, bicycle rack, and engine compartment inspections;
- Assist Passengers utilizing wheelchairs to enter and exit the coach and assist with wheelchair securements per ADA guidelines;
- May serve as a training mentor: training student bus operators in the safe operation of a motor coach over prescribed routes. Training mentors are chosen by driving ability and overall performance; and
- Assure a neat appearance, professional personality, customer-friendly attitude, and a desire to exceed expectations.
At Minimum You'll Need:
- Must be at least 21 years old;
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver's License and qualify to obtain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) permit;
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) from an accredited school;
- Must have proof of U.S. citizenship or authorization to work in the U.S.;
- Must have one year's experience in a public contact job, preferably as a sales clerk, waiter/waitress, customer service, etc.;
- Must have a steady work history;
- Must have reliable transportation;
- Must verify the past three (3) years' driving record and meet the following criteria:
- No more than one moving violation within 1 year;
- No more than 2 moving violations in last 3 years;
- No revocation/suspension in last 5 years;
- No OMVI or DUI in last 5 years;
- No hit and skips in last 5 years;
- No ACDA accident in last 5 years;
- Must have a clean criminal record and undergo a thorough criminal background check. Some convictions may result in disqualification;
- Must be able to work mandatory overtime to include, but not limited to, early mornings, evenings, and week-ends.
COTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion are of core importance and essential to the success of the organization. All employment decisions are based on job needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. COTA believes that diverse and inclusive organizations gain the benefits in creating a stronger and more effective workforce resulting in services that better meet the needs of consumers and in result Move Every Life Forward.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Central Ohio Transit Authority
TravelView all jobs at Central Ohio Transit Authority