Inpatient Support Center RN (Nights)
Central Ohio Primary Care Physicians Columbus, OH
- Posted: September 29, 2020
Central Ohio Primary Care is seeking a contingent RN for our Inpatient Support Center (ISC) within our Hospitalists group. This position is responsible for the management of all new patients coming into our practice to include, but not limited to: maintaining our physician's patient list and effectively communicating any changes throughout the night with our physicians and nurse practitioners. This is a contingent position working 6p-7a (as needed) and could be working out of any of our ISC locations at St. Ann's Hospital, Dublin and Riverside Methodist Hospitals.
- Responds promptly and courteously to after-hours calls, triaging complex patient issues, utilizing high level assessment skills and providing support to floor RN, Physician, and CNP.
- Responsible for creating the Physician/NP rounding lists daily, along with a complete and comprehensive report to incoming RN.
- Provides nursing care advice to the caller, via telephone.
- Responds to telephone inquiries accurately and consistently documents health history and enters this information in the electronic medical record.
- Demonstrates a high degree of clinical expertise for acute care and competence in utilization of the nursing process.
- Communicates with Transfer Center regarding acceptance of new transfers and accurately relays admission information to the COPC Physician.
- Works directly with the COPC Physician within the approve guidelines and nursing performance standards.
- Differentiates and prioritizes routine and urgent needs, recognizes the gravity of a particular health care problem; consults with a medical advisor.
- Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence, and teamwork to provide the highest quality of care and service to our patients, co-workers, and others.
- Keep current on knowledge and skill set in professional, clinical and system areas.
- Maintain a sense of pride and ownership for the program.
- Work effectively with physician supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Ohio RN License required; BSN preferred
- Knowledgeable in all areas of acute adult care
- Strong clinical background, minimum 2 year critical care care nursing within a hospital setting.
- Computer literate in using electronic health record systems.
- Knowledgeable of hospital departments.
- Competent in recognizing the gravity of a particular health problem, able to prioritize those needs and act upon urgent medical problems while providing safe, effective and appropriate care.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work well with both physicians and nurse practitioners
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in stressful situations
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Self-disciplined, energetic, passionate and innovative
- Ability to cope and adapt well with change