Compounding Pharmacy Technician
Central Ohio Compounding Pharmacy Columbus, OH
- Expired: October 07, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Compounding Lab Technician
The ideal compounding technician is detailed oriented, possesses both strong math and critical thinking skills, and is able to articulate and communicate well with others.
He or she will be a self-initiator and continuous learner that can work independently with a clear understanding of the goals of the team, while also having the ability to teach others. It is key that a compounding technician is able to operate with a sense of urgency without compromising accuracy.
This role is best suited for someone with a passion for helping others and pursuing excellence by being versatile and reliable. He or she knows how to multi-task, manage time well, and prioritize. It is assumed that this person is trustworthy, honest and professional.
Compounding Lab Technician Level I responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Properly use and maintain specialized equipment utilized in the preparation of compounded prescription orders.
2. Properly calibrate equipment used in the compounding process.
3. Combine medications/chemicals according to the required formulation under the supervision of a pharmacist.
4. Maintain daily records of laboratory activity.
5. Maintain chemical inventory to adequate par levels, and remove expired product from the inventory that will be sent for destruction.
6. Perform the required cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
7. Prepare and organize samples for analytical testing.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Certified Pharmacy Technician
Bachelor of Science Degree
Microsoft Office Applications
3 Years Pharmacy experience
Previous Compounding Experience