- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Central Nebraska Rehabilitation Services has an opportunity to join the executive team in the role of Financial Controller. This key role with the organization is charged with exercising discretion and independent judgement, assumes responsibility for the day to day administration of the centralized accounting operations ensuring that legal and audit requirements are met and that best practices and maximum efficiency are obtained.
The main objective is to provide accurate, timely financial reporting and analysis for the ownership team to best understand the overall health of the organization and drive strategic decisions. Full time position with excellent benefit package, strong organization and amazing team to work with and support.
Under the indirect supervision, maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
DUTIES AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintains equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains and oversees maintenance, keeping up to date registrations, insurances etc. on company vehicles.
- Assist with purchasing; sends requests for proposals, negotiates, evaluates, presents to managers/owners for their decision.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Included but not limited to helping with 401(k) audits, any governmental audits any authorized internal audits, etc.
- Assists with annual tax return preparation.
- Work with CPA on questions relating to tax returns from eleven different entities.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances.
- Balances multiple petty cash boxes on a regular basis.
- Annual budget preparation with managers of all departments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Manages all employees of the Accounting, IT and TSA departments and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the departments. Participates in developing departmental goals, objectives and systems.
- Monitor contracts with outside vendors in attempt to always get the most economical solutions.
- Provide oversight and approval on all office supply ordering with company’s best interest in mind.
- Maintain all salary and wage allocations to different departments on a consistent basis.
- Completes property tax returns and assures accuracy and budgeted property tax payments.
- Assists owners ten separate related corporations with monthly QuickBooks entries.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Maintain patient and/or employee confidentiality at all times.
- Continually communicate and interact with co-workers in a professional and positive manner.
- Openly communicate with immediate supervisor.
- Good attendance, notifying supervisor during absences.
- Exemplify overall positive attitude at work.
- Identify problems and constructively participate in problem resolution.
- Demonstrate positive rapport with staff members developing positive employee relations.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in accounting and finance principals.
- Actively participate in implementing new techniques/tools/programs.
- Actively participate in sharing and providing information with other staff members.
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Central Nebraska Rehabilitation Services
AddressGrand Island, NE
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Central Nebraska Rehabilitation Services