SOAR Case Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides assistance to potential applicants that are homeless/near homeless and needing to apply for Social Security disability benefits and in need of VA healthcare or non-VA healthcare. Provide a variety of support services, assists in coordinating services and communication among the Social Security Administration, VA, and DHHS, identifies and access client resources for persons; seeks to expand resources independently and confidently; promotes and maintains public relations; and completes forms accurately and timely.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct three presentations per month within the service area
- Assist clients in processing disability and VA application
- Ensure files and paperwork are complete for families participating in SOAR
- Attend trainings on SSI/SSDI benefits, SSVF mandated trainings and webinars, and all healthcare navigator trainings
- Create and hold a steering committee meeting for Region 2 on a quarterly basis
- Educate applicants on disability and medical process
- Adhere to all CNCAP related policies and procedures
- Promote the program and agency in a positive and professional manner
- High school diploma or GED required (Bachelor's degree in human services or related field preferred)
- Valid driver's license
- 1+ years of experience in human services or related field
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Problem-solving skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Extensive knowledge in word, excel, powerpoint, and databases
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with others
SCHEDULE: Monday-Thursday: 7am - 5pm or Monday-Friday: 8am - 4pm
REPORTS TO: Family Outreach Assistant Director
JOB STATUS: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Generous leave accrual (PTO)
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid birthday off
- Employer matched retirement (up to 3%)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Employee Assistance Program
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development, and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership, Inc.
AddressGrand Island, NE
HealthcareView all jobs at Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership, Inc.