- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for SSVF office clerical duties. Duties include but not limited to typing, completing paperwork, greeting clients, filing, answering telephone calls, and processing communications between the outlying SSVF offices and the SSVF Coordinator. Assisting with distributing mail to appropriate departments and ensuring daily outgoing mails processed in a timely manner. Assist in providing emergency assistance to persons in crisis; assist with files for SSVF program; providing information and support services to families; identify and access client resources for clients. Complete forms accurately and submit them in a timely manner to Central office. Participate in By Name List calls as needed, and any and all other assigned duties to include assisting with and program(s) in the Family Outreach Department.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer messages in a professional manner, announcing caller, and taking messages as applicable
- Greet all walk-ins at the office in a courteous and professional manner
- Refer clients to the appropriate programs when applicable
- Assisting with collecting, data, and support letters as needed
- Create family personal plans to develop short and long term attainable goals with veterans
- Assist with screenings, referrals and general office duties within the Grand Island office
- Adhere to all CNCAP related policies and procedures
- Promote the program and agency in a positive and professional manner
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid driver's license
- 1-3 years of experience in human services or office/clerical work
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Problem-solving skills
- Communication skills
- Extensive knowledge in word, excel, PowerPoint, and databases
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with others
SCHEDULE: Monday-Thursday: 7am - 5pm or Monday-Friday: 8am - 4pm
REPORTS TO: Housing Programs Coordinator
JOB STATUS: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Generous leave accrual (PTO)
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid birthday off
- Employer matched retirement (up to 3%)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Employee Assistance Program
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development, and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Central Nebraska Community Action Partnership, Inc.
AddressGrand Island, NE
Get fresh Administrative Clerical Office jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.