Veteran Clinical Service Specialist
- Posted: March 09, 2023
- The Veteran Clinical Services Specialist will provide community-based therapeutic intervention using evidence-based, trauma-informed, and culturally sensitive practices for individuals who are current or former members of the armed forces experiencing mental health, substance use or co-occurring disorders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct clinical visits in a community environment to assess safety and explore readiness for and motivation related to clinical treatment for mental health, substance use, and cooccurring disorders
- Use Evidence-Based Practices, standardized screening tools and clinical judgement to assess for risk to self, others or property as the result of behavioral health concerns and to deliver mobile clinical services in the home and community
- Conduct immediate, intermediate, and long term needs assessments and comprehensive clinical assessments in order to determine the clinical and social needs of an individual, and the most appropriate level of care for presenting problems
- Facilitate connections to community-based resources designed to support veterans and their families, in order to create safe, comprehensive support networks
- Partner with clients and family members to create and update treatment plans that are reflective of individual choices and preferences and promote appropriate expectations of behavioral health treatment
- Regularly assess progress in treatment and strengthen client understanding of resources for discharge planning and termination processes
- Establish and maintain appropriate and timely clinical case records for enrolled participants, including but not limited to: treatment plans, treatment plan reviews, progress notes, coordination of care activities, documenting appropriate therapeutic interventions with each client to the Agency, funding, licensing and billing authorities
- Implement appropriate crisis intervention and stabilization services when needed to prevent or manage decomposition and maintain safe community living
- Utilize and understand the value of supervision to increase practice skills, promote improved services for clients, and preserve accountability to the Agency
- Participate in data collection and reporting as needed throughout the project period
- Act as a liaison between the Agency and the community it serves; represent the agency and promote its programs in a professional and knowledgeable manner at various community events, trainings, and forums as needed
- Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings and support additional team members
- Complete trainings as required or requested by the agency or governing entities
- Work with the entire CN Guidance team to apply the Plan-Do-Study-Act continuous quality improvement approach to address systemic, organizational challenges; complete QI Training during onboarding and participate in refresher training as needed
- Perform any other support and follow up functions appropriate to the role and scope of a Social Worker in accordance with Agency standards
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's level education in social work or related field, with license to practice (i.e. LMSW, LMHC) is a must. LCSW is preferred.
- Application for and maintenance of highest level professional licensure upon eligibility required.
- One to three years' experience with behavioral health disorders is required; experience providing care in a community setting is preferred.
- Experience working with service members and/ or veterans and their families is required; direct military service experience is preferred.
- We offer an attractive and competitive benefits package.
If interested please apply via this ad or fax your resume to HR DIRECTOR, CAROL OTERO at 516-396-0553.
- Central Nassau Guidance & Counseling Services, Inspires and catalyzes recovery for people living with mental health and substance use conditions through innovative and person-centered integrated clinical treatment, counseling, housing, and support services.
- Awarded Newsday Top Long Island Work Places 2020 & 2021
- Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding innovative ideas. · Every job and every team at our agency plays a role in helping other Long Islanders live healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Engage your passion and CHOOSE a career & employer where you can use your vital energy to make a difference.
It is the policy of Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services, Inc. to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services, Inc. prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Central Nassau Guidance & Counseling Services