- Expired: March 08, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
- The Clinical Services Specialist will provide community-based therapeutic intervention for individuals who are experiencing mental health or co-occurring disorders, and will provide community-based mental health treatment services using evidence-based, trauma-informed, and person-centered practices
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct clinical visits in a community environment to assess safety and explore readiness for and motivation related to Medication Assisted Treatment for substance use and co- occurring disorders.
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment and the LOCATDR determination in order to determine the most appropriate level of care for substance use disorders and generate appropriate referrals.
- Partners with clients to create and update treatment plans that are reflective of individual choices and preferences and promote appropriate expectations of behavioral health treatment.
- Use Evidence-Based Practices, standardized screening tools and clinical judgement to assess for risk to self, others or property as the result of behavioral health concerns and to deliver mobile clinical substance use services in the home and community.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate and timely clinical case records, including but not limited to: treatment plans, treatment plan reviews, progress notes, coordination of care activities, documenting appropriate therapeutic interventions with each client to the Agency, funding, licensing and billing authorities.
- Regularly assess progress in treatment and strengthen client understanding of resources for discharge planning and termination processes.
- Implements appropriate crisis intervention and stabilization services when needed to prevent or manage decomposition and maintain safe community living.
- Assist clients in understanding the importance of cooperation with fee and insurance responsibilities, and resolution of psychological and financial obstacles to payment.
- Utilizes and understands the value of supervision to increase practice skills, promote improved services for clients, and preserve accountability to the Agency.
- Supervise graduate and undergraduate students when assigned, incorporating the needs of the client being served, the Agency, the education of the student and the University.
- Participate in data collection and reporting as needed.
- Act as a liaison between the Agency and the community it serves; represent the agency and promote its programs in a professional and knowledge able manner at various community events, trainings, and forums as needed.
- Participate in clinical team meetings and support additional team members, including peer specialists.
- Complete trainings as required or requested by the agency or governing entities.
- Facilitate sharing of data with the individuals to whom it applies to facilitate partnered decision-making and to keep clients informed of progress.
- Complete QI Training during onboarding and participate in QI refresher training as needed.
- Perform any other support and follow up functions appropriate to the role and scope of a Social Worker in accordance with Agency standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's level education in social work, counseling, or related field, with license to practice (i.e. LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT) preferred. Limited permit applicants (i.e MHC-LP, MFT-LP) will be considered for the position, however, full licensure will need to be obtained within 1-2 years of employment with the agency.
- Competency in substance abuse and/or mental health counseling must be demonstrated by at least one year of training and/or experience in mental health and substance abuse assessment and treatment
- We offer an attractive and competitive benefits package.
If interested please apply via this ad or fax your resume to HR DIRECTOR, CAROL OTERO at 516-396-0553.
- Central Nassau Guidance & Counseling Services, Inspires and catalyzes recovery for people living with mental health and substance use conditions through innovative and person-centered integrated clinical treatment, counseling, housing, and support services.
- Awarded Newsday Top Long Island Work Places 2021 & 2022
- Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding innovative ideas. · Every job and every team at our agency plays a role in helping other Long Islanders live healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Engage your passion and CHOOSE a career & employer where you can use your vital energy to make a difference.
It is the policy of Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services, Inc. to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services, Inc. prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Central Nassau Guidance & Counseling Services
Get fresh Senior Clinical Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!