Central Missouri Electric Cooperative Sedalia, MO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Line Superintendent to join our family!
Central Missouri Electric Cooperative is a distribution cooperative serving the electric needs of over 11,000 meters in Pettis, Saline, and northern Benton counties. The cooperative's home office is located just north of Sedalia, Missouri.
If you have extensive electric utility operations experience, excellent leadership skills, impeccable integrity, excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and strong work ethic, we'd like to talk with you.
Primary objectives of the Line Superintendent are:
- Provide a safe working environment for employees.
- To be responsible for line and special equipment maintenance, modifications, and construction of new projects.
- To be the first contact duty supervisor for system problems.
- To respond to system outages, alarms and emergencies, and direct restoration and remedial operations.
- To support planning and coordination with other utilities for construction and restoration of the cooperative's distribution lines.
- Direct the daily distribution system operation and maintenance functions and personnel.
- Assist the CEO/General Manager and staff in maintaining a good working relationship with the unions representing CMEC's bargaining unit employees.
- Manage the daily activities of the line crews and maintenance personnel of the Cooperative in order to assure reliable power supply to the members and to achieve CMEC business objectives.
- Monitor routine system performance, review operation and maintenance reports, and provide operations-related reports to the Assistant Manager and General Manager.
- Ensure the Cooperative's high standards and capabilities for in house construction and maintenance practices are upheld.
- Ensure compliance with safety rules and policies.
- Supervise and direct the daily activities of Operations personnel to achieve CMEC business objectives.
- Ensure planned work is coordinated with members, landowners, other utilities, MODOT, and county road personnel as appropriate.
- Ensure union employee work-practices and compensation adhere to the most recent IBEW contract.
- Stay up-to-date on and ensure department-wide adherence to the latest industry safety standards and work practices.
- Ensure regular and effective department safety meetings and encourage open communication at these meetings.
- Lead a healthy and active CMEC safety committee.
- Schedule and administer line personnel monthly, weekly, and daily work in order to efficiently accomplish annual construction and maintenance plan guidance.
- Ensure department personnel time tracking adheres to CMEC accounting guidance.
- Develop department-wide budgets with the help of other CMEC personnel.
- Ensure sufficient manpower scheduling for on-call and major outage restoration efforts.
- Advise the Assistant Manager and General Manager on the need for outside assistance leading to and during major storm restoration efforts; call outside assistance for major storm restoration efforts, as needed.
- Direct major outage restoration efforts in accordance with CMEC emergency and safety policies and guidelines.
- Communicate with and resolve member issues and concerns as needed.
- Regularly engage with department heads and personnel to achieve CMEC business objectives.
- Ensure Assistant Manager and General Manager are regularly updated on department projects; employee satisfaction, problems, and accomplishments; and external operations through informal and formal methods.
- Two-year associates minimum preferred.
Experience & Knowledge
- 5-years electric utility operations with focus on construction and maintenance.
- 5-years customer relations.
- RUS construction specifications.
- GIS and OMS interface experience preferred.
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
- 125 cafeteria plan
- Two retirement plans
- Paid holidays
- Vacation and sick leave benefits
- Pay is commensurate to experience and qualifications
Apply by October 31, 2021
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Central Missouri Electric Cooperative
ManufacturingView all jobs at Central Missouri Electric Cooperative