CLTCC seeks a well-qualified, highly motivated individual to fill the full-time, nine-month position of Electrician Technology Instructor. Reporting to the Campus Dean, the Electrician Technology Instructor provides classroom and lab instruction to adult and high school students to prepare them to become Industrial Electricians or Commercial Electricians. This position is responsible for monitoring, grading and evaluating individual students’ progress; maintaining appropriate records and submitting timely reports; assisting in recruitment and placement of students; and maintaining good public relations with business and industry. The position will be domiciled at the Sabine Valley Campus in Many, LA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides and supports classroom instruction for the Electrician Technology program utilizing innovative, effective and equitable teaching techniques.
· Develop course syllabi according to approved curriculum.
· Maintain office hours in order to provide academic advising and career counseling to students.
· Maintain accurate student records, i.e. grades, attendance, placement, and completion.
· Utilize technology to facilitate learning and to access data, maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others.
· Effectively manage the classroom and lab by practicing appropriate safety precautions.
· Maintain student discipline in accordance with the supporting policies and procedures.
- Maintain frequent contact with business and industry partners to assess industrial training needs and creates training proposals to meet those needs.
· Participate in recruitment and outreach community events.
· Attend seminars, special conference and professional development meetings as time and budget permit.
· Serve on campus or college-wide committees such as the Faculty Senate.
· Attain, maintain and review program certification requirements as appropriate.
· Occasional evening and weekend work and overnight travel may be required.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Technical Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Technology or related field.
· Four years of related work experience.
· Proficient in basic electronics and electricity as well as hydraulics, pneumatics, and
programmable logic controllers (PLC.).
· Knowledgeable of variable frequency drives, motors and generators, transformers and
industrial power distribution.
· Ability to interact with high school and adult learners.
· Must possess computer skills and ability to utilize technology to enhance teaching.
· Proficient in MS Office.
· A strong commitment to staff diversity, learning, and teaching and for the mission of
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications:
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Technology or related field.
· Proficient in Amatrol PLC training systems.
· Prior teaching experience.
· Knowledge of machining and HVAC principles is a plus.
· Salary will be commensurate with relevant professional experience and education.
Applicants must meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at time of appointment. All application materials must be submitted as a complete packet and will become the property of CLTCC. Applicants who fail to submit a complete application packet may not be considered.
A complete application packet consists of:
· Cover Letter (See resume will not be sufficient)
· Official or Unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended for which degrees have been
granted. Degree(s) must be posted on transcripts. Official transcripts will be required prior
· Three letters of professional recommendation for this position.
· Review of applications will begin five days after this job posting and continue until the
position is filled.
Application packets should be emailed to: Yalandataylor@cltcc.edu
This position will remain open until filled.
Central Louisiana Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, this Educational Agency upholds the following policy: Central Louisiana Community College campuses assure equal opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or sexual orientation in admission to participation in, or employment in the program and activities of this system. Each campus welcomes handicapped individuals and has made buildings accessible to them.
Title IX Coordinator:
4311 South MacArthur Drive
Alexandria, LA 71302