Part -Time - $1000 Sign On Bonus!
Assists with providing total personal care to the residents in a safe, kind and efficient manner. Accepts direction and supervision from a RN or LPN. Follows established regulations mandated by the state of Minnesota, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and policies and procedures of Central Health Care. Must be pleasant, respectful and courteous to residents, families, visitors, and fellow employees always.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists with providing activities of daily living to residents.
- Assure resident safety
- Provides care as defined by resident plan of care.
- Performs washing, dressing, shaving, toileting, grooming, bathing, feeding, walking, transferring, skin care, oral care and catheter care to residents who require assistance.
- Visits with residents on a one to one basis.
- Collects urine/stool specimens as required.
- Repositions residents as indicated per plan of care.
- Performs tasks and duties with full understanding of the methodology and process of communicating discrepancies between the document and the resident’s needs. Assists residents as requested.
- Answers call lights timely.
- Passes nourishments as directed.
- Transports residents safely within the facility.
- Passes water to residents per policy.
- Assists with preparing residents who are discharged or deceased.
- Assists with resident emergencies as needed.
- Assists with meal service and provides an enhanced dining experience for the residents.
- Regularly reports to dining room for meal service with no prompting by other nursing staff. Reports and records resident information.
- Obtains report and assignments from charge nurse.
- Records intake and output of residents.
- Monitors bowel and bladder functions.
- Observes residents and reports any change with the resident’s condition; this includes both physical and psychosocial.
- Gives final report to charge nurse before leaving floor at end of shift.
- Reports off whenever leaving the work area.
- Reports any suspected neglect or maltreatment of vulnerable adult(s).
- Completes documentation requirements per policies and procedures.
- Responsible for taking proper care of all equipment used.
- Conducts Restorative Nursing interventions as directed by RN/LPN.
- Uses communication devices while on duty appropriately. Performance of miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Sanitizes personal utensils and cleans equipment per policy.
- Responsible for keeping the resident’s rooms clean and tidy.
- Follows all facility policies.
- Responsible for attending required in-services.
- Performs delegated nursing tasks as assigned.
- Reports to work in appropriate uniform, with name badge and gait belt.
JOB SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Completion of nursing assistant course and current State of Minnesota certification/registration to practice.
- Assume responsibility for caring for and meeting the needs of the residents in a safe, dignified and comfortable manner.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform physical job demands of position.
- Follows established nursing home routine and uphold the Resident Bill of Rights.
- Performs a variety of repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to organize time and prioritize resident care needs.
- Exercises confidentiality to ensure compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Must be able to work scheduled shift, holidays, and every other weekend.
- May be mandated to stay an additional shift to meet the needs of residents.
Full-time and part-time positions available. Pay dependent on experience!