Central Freight Lines team line haul drivers move LTL freight day and night from terminal to terminal, while adhering to all safety procedures. This position will consist of pulling both doubles and dry vans. Driver will navigate through high traffic and congested roadways. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential to successfully perform this job.
- .58 CPM + hourly pay for down time, including breakdowns, layover, hooks, dock, and training time averaging 5,500 - 6,000 miles per week
- Inspect tractor and trailer(s) before and after the trip, and record any defects they find
- Document and log work/rest periods
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Communicate effectively with operations and other drivers
Minimum Qualifications And Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of one-year Class A tractor trailer experience
- Must be a minimum of 22 years of age
- Must have a Class A CDL with HazMat, Tanker, and Doubles/Triples endorsement. (will allow 30 days to obtain endorsements)
- Must be able to pass a drug test and DOT physical with at least a 12-month medical card
- Must have the ability to lift and move large quantities of freight ranging up to 75 lbs
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Some customer service experience helpful
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
About Central Freight Lines:
Central Freight Lines has a rich history of providing transportation to emerging businesses and Fortune 500 industry leaders since 1925. Central's Corporate Office has been located in Waco, Texas for over 93 years. Central Freight Lines has sustainability, financial strength and an infrastructure designed to intelligently support the logistical needs of North America's largest manufacturing, retail and distribution enterprises. Central Freight Lines continues to look for growth opportunities without losing our focus of consistent, reliable LTL service to our core area which is comprised of terminals ranging from East to the West. Our network supports warehousing, inventory control and distribution capabilities for those corporations looking to outsource their supply chain needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment made by Central Freight Lines are contingent upon the successful completion of a background and pre-employment drug screen (where required) in addition to MVR, PSP, and VOE's for driving/DOT related positions. The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate's criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. Central Freight Lines will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.